ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New SLK

Mercedes
So I thought I would do a right up now I have had the car a few weeks and 1500 miles.

Its a completely different car to what I was expecting and the 3 different gear box settings completely change how the car rives and feels. E Mode on the gear box is slow and changes down very quickly at 70mph its setting at 2000 rpm and does over 40mpg. Sport and Manual are much better, revs all the way round and the noise from exhaust is cool, blips on down change and much more what you expect from this sort of car.

All in very impressed and there is nothing better than having the roof down on a warm day (not that it has happened much), and I am also surprised at the attention people give it .

26290776.jpg

7b7bc295.jpg

4256fa62.jpg

635afbb2.jpg

1704017e.jpg

3addeca7.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning matey! I simply love the front end!

Wheels are the only thing that could do with an update. ( pot kettle I know)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Very nice mate, just need to ban any passengers wearing raw denim with such a light colour leather!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Should have gone SL55, for that full on car-worth-more-than-house look :p

Looks nice, I like the colour.

Mercedes
How did you get on with map pilot? Is it any good?

Its a good bit of kit but I am not doing the update appears to be problems, Thanks for the air scarf tip too that really is amazing and works very well

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Good! Seems to be very popular in our option take system. No worries. I'm glad you like it.

I went out in one with magic sky control, what a load of s**t.

Mercedes
Should have gone SL55, for that full on car-worth-more-than-house look :p

Looks nice, I like the colour.

They don't do the 55 in the SL now, 350, 500 or 63 only.

Id sooner live in a nice area with a small house than a big house in a s**t hole

Mercedes
Good! Seems to be very popular in our option take system. No worries. I'm glad you like it.

I went out in one with magic sky control, what a load of s**t.

My demo had that and thought what's the point, either pano or the metal i didnt get that

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Google. Dr Leather wipes pack. Great little pack to have.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Or if you have Artico, Merc sell a really good cleaner and wipes developed to clean it.

Turbos.
I'm not sure your photos do the car justice, but in the flesh i think these look great. In fact, i mistake them for the SL which is no bad thing!

How much are they in comparison with the Boxster?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Boxsters are 37K (non s) £45K (S)

SLK Pricing is here but they are better equipped. By the time you spec a Boxster up properly, its another £5K

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Very nice indeed Matthew, not my thing certainly but very nice all the same..

I love that front end, very SLS'esque!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
My mum has just ordered one of these, what engine is it?

Against everything I said she has gone with the diesel blue thingy :(

Mercedes
Boxsters are 37K (non s) £45K (S)

SLK Pricing is here but they are better equipped. By the time you spec a Boxster up properly, its another £5K

It was roughly 10k more to get a Boxster to a spec I would be happy with, and the lack off the folding roof was a concern especially if i take it to the Mrs House with only a fabric roof

Mercedes
Sorry, i don't have the spec memorised. :eek:

She's a smart lady. Its possibly the pick of the range, if you can get over the noise on idle.

I went for the 1.8 Turbo petrol, I just couldn't get my head round the Diesel, Cars like this shouldn't have an oil burner

Listerine & Poledo
I getcha, the old 200k & 230k were supercharged though which is why I asked.

Couldn't imagine they would be any more though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Tbh didn't even listen to what engine she's getting after the diesel part.. imo its fine to have in an estate etc just not a 2seater convertible

It does have amg goodies apparently though as is a cancelled order..

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I drove the 63 AMG version of this the other week at MB world. They are great cars, and the AMG made a great noise. I thought that amount of power in a short wheel based car it would be abit twitchy but even in sports settings and all it was very composed, had good fun in it. Hope you enjoy yours!

Mercedes
I drove the 63 AMG version of this the other week at MB world. They are great cars, and the AMG made a great noise. I thought that amount of power in a short wheel based car it would be abit twitchy but even in sports settings and all it was very composed, had good fun in it. Hope you enjoy yours!

Impossible they only do a 5.5V& as the range topper, you must have been in a SL