ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sony A900

Ian

Focus TDCi
Don't really know about Sony, but it certainly looks the business. Although with that much information for every shot, doesn't that just mean that every time you do a photoshoot you'll have to accompany it with the purchase of a new hard drive?

vers le haut doigt milieu
For 2 grand if ur camera doesnt say Victor Hasselblad, then keep ur recipt.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
it's got huge MP but the ISO doesn't look too good for that spec of camera, have been told it should be decent for studio photography but won't be anywhere near the Nikon or Canon equvilent outside for landscapes etc.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Give me a D90/300 any day other that, better still I'll keep my D40 and get some fancy glass.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
When you've found a 2grand digital Hasselblad please send it my way... ;)

Seccond hand would prefer it to a new Sony

ERM! PLEASE show me where you can find a second hand hasselblad digi medium format... and better still show me where you can find one for 2k... cheapest i have seen one going for was 7k and that was second hand and the only one i have seen second hand! they are 19-30k new i think your talking bullshit tbh...

Flol, even at second hand your not going to find a digi Hassy for 2k..

Anway, 9 point AF, probably average high ISO results, over priced lenses, its 3 years old but probably still better, 5D please..

Sony hating FTW ;)

Oil Burner
Besides having the top lcd panel i cant see any reason i would choose a 900 over a 700 if buying sony. Defiantly not for a full frame sensor.

Seccond hand would prefer it to a new Sony

ERM! PLEASE show me where you can find a second hand hasselblad digi medium format... and better still show me where you can find one for 2k... cheapest i have seen one going for was 7k and that was second hand and the only one i have seen second hand! they are 19-30k new i think your talking bulls**t tbh...

Ok maybe not 2 but more 3 grand for a digital back.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hasselblad-55...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The Pro Back Plus's light sensitivity is equivalent to ISO 100. It can capture an image every two seconds, and store up to eight images before writing to either internal PC cards or host computer via an IEEE 1394 "Firewire."

wow, 2001 digital technology, I'm sure its still very capable (in a studio) but its not going to be fit for 90% of what people on here shoot, 0.5fps, ISO100 + 48mb files, give me the Sony ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its a kodak back... they are s**t!

your a doughnut... you said a hasselblad... thats just a hassie body... that is prob full of mold and dirt lol with a OLD OLD s**t kodak digi back... think you need to go back to your dream world mate.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well if your such a professional why did you post those terrible pictures of that black clio!

that back is a terrible back, the camera is doing all the work, i would take a film medium format over most digital cameras any day of the week, i wouldnt take that back over a dslr i would take the f**king sony over the kodak back which is the most clumsy stupid digital back ever made, which is why no one except yourself it seems uses it...

and if your professional... i guess your a member of the APO?? if so can you pm me your name so i can have a look at your work?

Grow up little boy I've had enough of you, the is a link in my last post to my work. And the black clio was developed to give it a comical feel. ur an idiot.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
little boy lol, i work as a photographer also... i do not however call myself a professional like you do though!

if you were a "professional" you would surely be part of the APO like most other professional photographers in the uk are...

im not an idiot and i know what im talking about.

i have used mamiya digi medium formats and also hasselblad h3d's MANY times... i have also used a digi back on a large format...

your claim was that you could get a hasselblad digital medium format for 2k... you then backed this up buy posting an ebay link to a hassie film body with a KODAK digi back... this is not a hasselblad digi medium format if anything its a kodak one... its VERY old tech, also the kodak digi backs never receive a good review, they are slow and dont produce good image quality when compared to a propper digi medium format... now less of the insults and form a good reply if that is possible for a professional of your standards to do.

Last edited:
Ok then Malice, I just love that camera I bought my back for £2000 of a friend (I already had the camera). If you understand photography this much then I will ask for your advice and opinions more when shooting next. Ur right about the insults and I'm sorry so peace and love and that.