ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new speeding n fines proposed changes

Titanium Clio 182

the speed limit on the motorway needs to be increased to 80 or 90. Thats the speed everyone travels at anyway untill they all see a police car and start braknig.

don't

it just gets worse and worse

they r trying 2 make it look like there making things easier 4 drivers by having a 2 point fine , but infact everythings alot worse, increased fines, more points

will just give them more money and hand out more bans

what a complete rip off once again, this country is terrible

know sum1 knows gone over 2 malaysia at moment 2 teach, u can have a full meal for 80p costs £5 a day at a nice 3 bedroom flat with pool

so much cheaper, think im guna go live over there :)

K20 EG Hatch

any ideas how long it will be until this is bought in cuz i got caught at 45 the other day in a 30!

K20 EG Hatch

it really is just getin to be stupid, people will wanna stop driving soon because of it not being worth it. Everyone will be gettin banned!

don't

prob not 4 a while, although they prob wont tell ppl when itll start, they just start handing out massive fines and loads of 6 points everywhere

+ yea u will and already can get done for 31 in a 30, quite rare at moment though but they can if they want

i normally sit doing about 30-35 infront of a copper if theres 1 behind me, will go about 25mph from now on, dont care if i piss them off, governments fault

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Strike on 02 September 2004

Lower limit. Upto and including, does that mean 1 mph over is punishable??? 31 in a 30 zone?
yeh man thats so stupid...it literally means 31 and u get 2 points. v gay

So they get more money out of people before they get banned, and keep dangerous drivers on the road longer. Sounds a great idea :mad:

its ridiculous.

in my opinion its a drivers awareness and attitude towards driving that is an equal, if not greater factor in an accident.

we could all drive round at 5mph, but if we were blindfolded i doubt we could get very far without an accident of some sort. ok, a slightly exaggerated scenario but if you dont know, dont ANTICIPATE, what is or what MIGHT happen on the road you are, i think, screwed.

rant over. for now.

don't

lol worst thing is media is supporting it

wtf, the sun says its a gd idea etc etc

sayin ppl will get less harsh fines, errrr no, means ppl r dealt with more harshly, wow they lose the odd £20 so ppl get fined only 40 instead of 60 but then they make up for it with £100 fines

on the + side, said in paper that if u get a £40 fine and 2 points u can go on driving course and only end up with £40 fine

but loads of ppl will now get 6 points straight off, loads of young drivers will be banned within their 2 year probation period , which isnt 2 bad i spose

Mk2 Golf GTI

Quote: Originally posted by Strike on 02 September 2004

Lower limit. Upto and including, does that mean 1 mph over is punishable??? 31 in a 30 zone?
i thought there was a bit off a buffer where the actual minimum speed before you can get prosecuted is 10% of the speed limit + 2mph. So 35mph in a 30, 57mph in a 50 zone etc.

Thats what my mates cousin told me, hes a traffic cop. Also saw it on men & motors one time as well.

Its all just one big money making scheme! They dont have road saftey in mind at all. Positioning their speed vans in stupid places just to catch people out!.

One word comed to mind, and it rimes with "Bankers"!

[Edited by richross on 02 September 2004 at 2:58pm]

clankers? hankers?? hmmm, errrrrrr, ooohhhhh, what is it......................on the tip of my tongue....................................................................

wonder how many cars will be on the road when this comes in .. reckon none cos we will all be banned !! only the middle lane dodderers will still be running.. STILL blissfully unaware what is going on around them!!! .. one good thing thou wont be seeing many BMWs as you have to be a qualified prick and speed mercilessly .. what ever the given situation !!

Speed limits should vary according to time of day.

I could never figure out what was dangerous about me doing 38 up the 30mpg dual carriageway into Preston. At 2:30 in the morning with noone else around. The cops obviously thought I was dangerous cos a mobile speed gunner gave me 3 points. I thought to myself all the people getting mugged in some back alley that night will be glad such a vicious criminal as myself got his comeuppance.

don't

yea 2 right, they shouldve sent u down 4 that, couldve easily hit a rabbit at the speed

hang ur head in shame my son

who actually decides 2 do all this road traffic crap and whos idea was it 2 change the fines 2 make them even worse??

Just another way for the cops to earn their bonus. They had to make those speed cameras easier to see and since then their profits have dropped. This is prolly the best way for them to earn a quick few quid before theres no traffic left on the streets

I dont understand that driving at 94mph on an EMPTY motorway is dealt with more harshly than a nutter doing 49 in a 30, crowded road with pedestrians. Which one is more dangerous I wonder????????????

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 02 September 2004
the speed limit on the motorway needs to be increased to 80 or 90. Thats the speed everyone travels at anyway untill they all see a police car and start braknig.

If they up the motorway limit to say 80 or 90, everybody will just drive that little bit faster like they do now anyway!

Just leave it as it is, but let the police give us more of a tolerence to lets say an unofficial 80-90mph ;)

Quote: Originally posted by enayeseekay on 02 September 2004

Ive never seen a 20mph zone enforced?? Has anyone??
Got plenty of them around here, hundreds of roads with speed humps :( Some humps are that bad you catch the sump on them