ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New System

What do you guys reckon to this system I have got priced up and am thinking of having installed in my new cup?

Alpine 7893 Head Unit, Genesis Series 5.25 components powered by a Genesis Profile II amp, 12" Diamond Audio M3 sub powered by an xtante monoblock amp, a load of sound deadening and installation all for 1230 notes. The amps are going to be mounted on the back of the back seats.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I recon u would be better of with a profile 4 amp powering the gennises components and maybe a cerwin vega of focal sub rather than power u can go for quality

what sort of price are u paying for the components ? i think i can get them for the sub £150 price range

where abouts r u i may be able to get the rest even cheaper and fitted too ! if u are local to essex area

PM me let me know

john

having had a sub in the past im totally against them.

I now have pioneer 7400mp hu, pioneer emotions and mb quart 6x9s. Powered by a mac audio attack amp 4 X 80w rms. Sounds amazing and im really happy.

I think a sub is good if you like a certain type of music, but i like a wide range, from pop to punk and hip hop.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

You cant beat a nice deep baseline though. Sub or subs it has to be for me. Although nothing at the moment as iv sold all my ice :-(

yea a sub produces the low notes, you dont have to turn it up too much if u want it more subtle, but enhances the sound of most music. well i think so anyway!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

for good clean crisp bass i recomend JL audio m8 i mean u just have to go to a soundoff to see how poular they are just bought 1 my self and oh its soooooooooo nice and it aint even been setup yet.

i got a JL W3D2 12" with box for 200 notes which is a good deal as most places have the subs for 200 on there own without boxes.

what ever you do dont get 6x9s if u have a sub or if u do have 6x9s and a sub 1 day unplug the 6x9s to hear such a huge difference.

i have the alpine cda 7893r head unit good choise m8 only bits i really want to get/change is i want some focal components for the front and some components for the rear also posibly any way they will be amped oh and a farad cap for the sub for the quick bursts and also gonna get a drycell battery too:D

oh then the alpine cd multichanger and prob then set up screens etc for dvds and console.

have you budgeted for cables and boxes cos most people forget about that and then realise they dont have enuf cash to buy it all.

also i recon it would be worth doing an install so it looks good so i.e making a false floor and that way makes it harder to nick the stuff.

MaLicE

I had 6x9s last time when I had a saxo. Not only did they blow fairly quickly, but like you said Malice once I unplugged them I noticed a huge difference. It is so hard to make a choice. Every shop I have been into tells me a different story. Ice Direct in Peterborough are having a sound off at the end of this month. I would have liked to have checked that out but I cant make it unfortunately.

Yeah that price is all in m8. I think I would really prefer a floor build though like you said. one place said they could do it easily and that it wouldnt need any cooling but the place I checked out yesterday said it would.

It is all too confusing!!!

As I have a CUP i thought the amps could be recessed into the spare wheel well, slightly below the new false floor floor and topped off with perspex. Each amp could sit in its own compartment with blue neon/cathode to light up the amps activated by a switch by the gear stick.

I suppose there is nothing to stop me buying some kit from one place and the rest from the company who will do the install, is there? I could always have a go and doing the floor build myself. But I am one of these people that when they want something they want it now.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

im building my own install im gonna have a false floor up to the level of the of the base of the boot where the door opens and latches on too and will have the amp under it with a hole and the amp fitted flush, i though about perspex but my amp has a cooling fan on it so i would need to make the perspex perforated so that the air could flowand alos have the sub built in to the floor well it isnt easy to explain i have it all in my head i will take some pics when its done which should be by they end of next week if it aint too cold or snowing.

i will attach a pic of my sub for you to see :)

http://www.malice.stx-hosting.com/images/clio/JLw3small.jpg