ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tax Bands

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
<---- the 'ol girl might just scrape through as it will be a '99 or 2000 plate. :)

£400 for the current Evos is a piss-take.

Ban the reps on the road. Ban the people who don't want to drive. Ban the old farts in their 20cc shitboxes. I'll happily pay £400 for road tax, plus the bumming I'll get on insurance, plus the ring-sting I'll get at the pumps..... IF the roads were decent enough to use in the bloody first place! ;)

yeh .. i cant be assed to rant. Just literally pack bags and join the record numbers of people leaving the country.

this country taxes everybody to s**t.

Agreed we should all pack bags and leave it great numbers and let in the poles, lithuanians etc who want to live here ;)

As were slowly getting pushed out our own country with fooking taxes

<---- the 'ol girl might just scrape through as it will be a '99 or 2000 plate. :)

£400 for the current Evos is a piss-take.

Ban the reps on the road. Ban the people who don't want to drive. Ban the old farts in their 20cc s**tboxes. I'll happily pay £400 for road tax, plus the bumming I'll get on insurance, plus the ring-sting I'll get at the pumps..... IF the roads were decent enough to use in the bloody first place! ;)

Agreed ! !

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
The UK pumps out 2.2% of the total global CO2 emissions. Of that 2.2%, around 18-20% is from road transport, our output is lower than most comparable countries in the EU and has in fact been dropping since 1990. This tax will make feck all difference to the UK's overall output, as 80% of it is output from other soruces. Why not put all this money they'll make into the re-forrestation of the Highlands, at least then we could claim 'carbon off-setting'.

I'm hoping the SNP do a good job up here and impress the rest of the Scottish electorate, because come referendum day, I'll be voting to remove our nation from this folly, I'd urge others to do the same. The UK is going down the pan, the priorities are all wrong!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
yeh .. i cant be assed to rant. Just literally pack bags and join the record numbers of people leaving the country.

Agreed we should all pack bags and leave it great numbers and let in the poles, lithuanians etc who want to live here ;)

lol. im seriously going to judge the future of this country and decide if its really the place for me. everythings going pearshaped. People getting beaten to death for how they look and shot in the face over a neighbour dispute, a kid is getting knifed every week, the NHS is in debt and will continue to be, prisons are getting full so people are getting weak sentances, immigration control is too little too late and loads are scrounging off everyones hardworking cash, cost of living and eating has increased without the same increase in wages. Unfair Taxes will continue to increase. And for me ill be getting attack at, spat at, disrespected and worked harder than those before me. What annoys me is people come over here and DEMAND and hardly give back.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

lol. im seriously going to judge the future of this country and decide if its really the place for me. everythings going pearshaped. People getting beaten to death for how they look and shot in the face over a neighbour dispute, a kid is getting knifed every week, the NHS is in debt and will continue to be, prisons are getting full so people are getting weak sentances, immigration control is too little too late and loads are scrounging off everyones hardworking cash, cost of living and eating has increased without the same increase in wages. Unfair Taxes will continue to increase. And for me ill be getting attack at, spat at, disrespected and worked harder than those before me. What annoys me is people come over here and DEMAND and hardly give back.

Begining to think the same mate. A good mate from work moved to Brisbane last summer, he absolutely loves it over there. On top of all the obvious attractions, he tells me that it's piss easy to import anything from Japan, b*****d!

If it's going to cost me £400 as of next year to tax the car that's a total joke:mad:

What does that dude know about real life anyway ?? He probably gets chauffered everywhere ! F*cker:dapprove:

I've got to agree with you there matey, the nhs is a joke and the prisons are getting overcrowded and life sentences are getting shorter and shorter plus scroungers are on the increase and probably the ones clogging up our jails :(

why not have life for life ?

Or any foreigners, what about deportation back home and clog up there jails instead of clogging ours and getting us to pay for them.

And people may think twice before comitting crimes, as the prisons sound a joke.

i bet its easier to get stuff inside(drugs etc) than it is in the outside world

If it's going to cost me £400 as of next year to tax the car that's a total joke:mad:

What does that dude know about real life anyway ?? He probably gets chauffered everywhere ! F*cker:dapprove:

Can agree with you there, probably gets chauffered everywhere in a gas guzzling jag as well :rasp:

He needs a severe wake up call

A Flamin' Red one

Their government wants them back and are paying higher wages in a bid to do so. We can't even hold on to our imigrants!

Yet I know exactly how much longer I'll be keeping my government :)

dont no how much longer i'll be running mine.. £180 tax plus the extra fuel cost etc

and they still talkin about 'pay per mile' which seems like it will be an addition to road tax, not replacement.

Same will happen here in the long run ... with a massive brain drain continuing and accelerating, all that will be left in Britain are the lazy doley sh*tes - which the government will have no one left to tax, to pay for them. The government will then be forced to drastically change the dole system (for the better, with only those that actually need it, receiving it). After the government have demonstrated that Britain is better, in what ever country the majority of the population have fled to, they may be lucky and actually convince some of them to return.

Their government wants them back and are paying higher wages in a bid to do so. We can't even hold on to our imigrants!

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
See there picking on the easy target again the motorist, they wont be happy till were all driving round in stupid little toyota aygos

Tangoed Works
well looks like all of us on here have been well and truely taken up the arse by labour and their so caled green initiatives. Taxing people and using the environment as an excuse. I remember not so long ago they used to shunn the green party etc, but when someone thought of taxing pollution, they all jumped on the green bandwagon.

Mass co2 is obviously not good , but as stated before, the UK is so small and insignificant in real terms on carbon emission, this is going to make FA difference.

We should just be working towards a cleaner environment without having to be chased by taxation. £260 for my 182 isnt going to hurt me, but its coming to the point where I refuse to generate income to line the governments pocket.

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
My 1.5dCi is still in the £35/year bracket and it gets me around just fine. When it's chipped it'll
embarrass even more cars than it does now. And it does 70mpg, it's also group 4 insurance !
The new ripoff taxes are making me reconsider what my second/weekend car will be given that
it's only going to be used at weekends. Shame there's no stomach for revolution in the UK :mad:

F**k them, just means im gonna have to drive my vee 40k miles each year from now on instead of my current 7K to get my moneys worth.

shove your co² up your arse!!

Lots of Alfas
What big engined tax emempt cars were made before 1973???

Edit: Does anyone know how much it is to insure a 1945 Sherman Tank?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
wtf £260 next year, £50 extra f**king what!!!!! Mine is due in June so £210 for me atm. £260 is a f**king joke, the extra will probably pay for some c**t to sit around all day doing nothing downloading p**n.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
I only use the Clio a few times a year to drive to and from track. Wish they'd just lump it on to fuel instead.

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1
now £400 a year for me, water off a ducks back!!! :rasp: :rasp:

Feckin government, stealing my beer money :mad: !!!!

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
I can see performance cars made before 2001 going up in price soon when everyone realises they wont have the tax increase - at least for now!

And from now on i'll be doing 60/65 on the motorway in my van regardless of late/far away i am from my next delivery, ive got to make every drop of diesel count now :(

Many couriers/road haulage companys (possibly myself included) will go bust or really struggle over the next 12 months due to the fuel tax increase and then how will everyone get essentials like food and drink or even you ebay purchases delivered?

If you think its bad now think again - its going to get much much worse.

MKIII 138
wtf £260 next year, £50 extra f**king what!!!!! Mine is due in June so £210 for me atm. £260 is a f**king joke, the extra will probably pay for some c**t to sit around all day doing nothing downloading p**n.

eh ? im not getting the money ??