ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new thumb grips

2002/02 172
fitted one of the thumb grips I picked up from kevin.s today. Much happier with the wheel already!!

CIMG3104a.jpg

ibiza cupra
they look alot better than the others mate well done on the fitting too. nice to see some on a steering wheel. cheers for the feed back aswell :)

2002/02 172
kevin.s makes them out of fibreglass, he's posted a how to here...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=353604&highlight=thumb+grips

...but I bought mine from him, as I have neither the skill nor the patience to do it! He has sold a few on here before, keep an eye out on the parts for sale section

they do take a bit of shaping, and mine is by no means perfect, but compared with how the wheel did look its 1000% better :D

I chose quite a dark metallic grey to try and match the RenaultSport logo on the wheel, rather than the light silver background.

It was good to meet him too, as I picked them up. He gave me some very good advice on the paint on my bonnet and bumper.

:approve:

2002/02 172
They are solid mate. Used quite a fast setting 2 part araldite, so I could shift them around and position a bit for the first 10 mins, but then should be strong.

I've not driven it yet but checked this morning and fit is still as in the pic and they do seem really solid. I did use quite a lot of glue.....