ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to cliosport, Engine trouble HELP?

Clio dynamique 05
Hi everyone! Sorry for any mistakes made in advance, as you've probably noticed I'm new. I own a Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v 05 plate. I've only made a few simple mods; Team Dynamics gloss black motorsport alloys, colour coded wing mirrors, clear side repeaters, Phillips Blue vision, 172 dash strips and blacked badges. My plans are; 172 rear bumper, colour coded side and front strips, rs grill and lowered on springs :D ... maybe new wheels!

I plan on becomeing a full member, as the site seems quite usefull/helpfull and a bit of a laugh, so for now Il try posting a URL instead.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k639/alextevans/?action=view&current=IMG_0392.jpg

The car has been running fine since I had it for christmas two years ago, however its recently started playing up. It started off only occuring when I got to about 60 the accelerator was non existant unless you give it a few pumps then it sparks back into life. The fault dissapeared and so I thought nothing of it. However It has now come back, except it happens at 30 and the whole car 'judders' and theres a total loss of power. The car was serviced when bought, however I'm Thinking maybe its just somthing simple like spark plugs or wires need changing? hopefully not a remap like my sisters clio needed a few years back (her engine stunk of eggs and was revving on its own :S)

so... any ideas?

May be your spark plugs, leads or a dodgey sensor. Welcome btw another welshie :D. Seen the pic of your car wheels are a bit yuk and its got a bit of a 4 x 4 stance. Apart from that your plans sound great!! Have a look about the forum, use the search bar there may be another thread with the same problem as what you've got. Saves waiting for replies :)

Clio dynamique 05
That's what I was thinking! Thanks, where in Wales are you from? Im from Swansea, near pontardawe. Haha I'm not a fan of the wheels either.. Waiting for more money!! The height looks alot worse than it is because the roads on a slant, but yes it does need more low!!
I did have a few searches, guess I have to dig deeper! Thanks for the reply

That's what I was thinking! Thanks, where in Wales are you from? Im from Swansea, near pontardawe. Haha I'm not a fan of the wheels either.. Waiting for more money!! The height looks alot worse than it is because the roads on a slant, but yes it does need more low!!
I did have a few searches, guess I have to dig deeper! Thanks for the reply

Pembroke mate, and get some 172 wheels and some collies it will make a big difference. Goodluck with the fault finding :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
welcome to cs!! clio looks good, could use some lows though!!

as for the problem, it sounds like fault in the fly by wire throttle set up,
but you could obviously start with the simple things ie, coilpack/lambda/HT leads (i assume new plugs were used when servicing!?)

Clio dynamique 05
Pembroke mate, and get some 172 wheels and some collies it will make a big difference. Goodluck with the fault finding :)

Agreed! Insurence goes through the roof when you lower, main reason I've avoided it for now (still a student)

Thanks, hopefully nothing too drastic eh

Clio dynamique 05
welcome to cs!! clio looks good, could use some lows though!!

as for the problem, it sounds like fault in the fly by wire throttle set up,
but you could obviously start with the simple things ie, coilpack/lambda/HT leads (i assume new plugs were used when servicing!?)

Cheers, it's mostly standard due to lack of funds! But I keep it clean and shiny because that's probably the cheapest way of making it look good!

Well it started fine today, but the idle is a little off! I'm hoping just plugs!!
You'd think so, but a month after having it I checked the the oil and that hadn't been changed.. So id be a fool to think he changed the plugs! Bet he just stamped it and said its all done!