ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to RS

Golf
Hi,

My names Russ, I'm looking for a clio so figured I'd sign up to do a little research.

I've never owned a RS but the past few months have started looking for either a 172 or 182 can't decide (thats where my questions lay).

I've spent the last 6 months driving a diesel golf (like some sort of self imposed prison sentence) after driving Type R's for the last 4 years. Figured it would save me money and I'd be happier but turns out I just spend the extra cash on beer to dull the pain of owning a boring car!

In my time driving Type R's Ive owned a Civic FN2 (new shape R) an EP3 Civic and an Integra DC2 (jap import). I'll get some pics up at some point.

Was looking for another civic to use as a cheap weekend toy seeing as the used car market is on its knees but whilst looking I stumbled upon a 182 and liked it and this is where the search began.

Any pointers as to what I should avoid/look out for would be great, don't want to spend any more than 3.5k as the misses will cut me!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and I'm looking forward to getting to know a few of you.

Russ

MK3 GTI golf 16v
hi mate, this is your guide to whats what on all the clio models. should help you out a lot ... http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/Renault%20Sport%20Clio%20Guide.pdf

o
nly thing it dosent cover is 172 phase 1s. basically a 172 with slightly different interior and different body work. do a quick search to see what they look like

as for if you should get a 172 or 182 it pretty much comes down to if you want 1 or 2 exhausts. going off your previous cars id guess at you probably like to tinker with them ? in which case id probably look at a nice non-cup 172. you can easily get a very very nice clio RS for 3.5K or less with the way car prices are at the minute.

might be worth you paying to be a member to look on here. you can then look at the cars for sale one here, which you can pretty much garuntee have been well looked after, and you can look through the old owners old posts to find out more about the car your looking at

Golf
Thanks for the welcome guys, the guide link was very helpful. Think I'm going to join up in full and keep my eyes open for a 172 non-cup version either black or silver, although I've seen a few blue ones that I've liked? I prefer the single exhaust look and it'll give me a little left over spending money for a few mods.

Thanks again, russ