ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the forum [emoji4]

BG Clio 182,
Hi all!

My name is Paul,I’m from Fife in Scotland and I have recently signed up for a membership to the forum[emoji4]

I’ve had a 182 previously and at the end of last year picked up a Monaco blue 172 as an ongoing project.

Look forward to cracking on with the car and getting back into a fit state as it needs a fair bit of work!

79097683d4778961385eab8f6d6a099b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Clio 182,
Welcome to the club, Paul!

What does the 172 need? Plenty of guides on here to keep you busy during lockdown [emoji6]

Originally when I picked up the car it had a leak from the high pressure power steering line and there was no history of belts being done so me and my mechanic mate were stipping down the engine bay to look for other issues and they kept appearing [emoji23]

Found an oil leak which looks like it’s coming from the rocker cover,the top engine mount had snapped,the others are not in great shape either,the air con condenser is knackered,gearbox selector seal is leaking,exhaust mounts are gubbed,there is a leak from the exhaust,all the suspension could do with a refresh and the front subframe has taken a bash and a water leak in the spare wheel well[emoji23]

I have recently changed careers and am now working at my local garage as a kind of older apprentice(34) so I the engine is now out of the car and up there for me to work away on it.

It’s a lot more work than I thought it needed to begin but I’ve just decided to work away at it and try and restore it to the best of my ability’s as it’s gonna be a great learning experience for me,not so much for my wallet[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk