ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to the site clio replica

172 replica
Hey guys just started my project on my 1.2 mk2 clio. So far kits fitted and sprayed matte black. Having some problems eith side skirts tho amy help? Will post pikkys soon. Cheers

172 replica
BEFORE...
a>

172 replica
183067_10151599253770821_384980697_n_zps8371db4e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]After, New 172 bumpers fitted, de-badged, matte black spray. needs lowering , side skirts & spacers next weekend

172 replica
First time iv ever sprayed or even fit a bodykit, was a b*****d to get off the old bumpers as they'd rusted on, bit of wd40 and a good kick we got there. can anyone help me by telling me what bulbs i need for the 172 ph1 lights as there not same as the 1.2's cheers

CLIO MK2 SI
did you sand it down first over just primer then spray i been wanting to do mine for a while but didnt know if i should use can or spray gun

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Follow my advice in the other thread and it may look quite OK.

Better wheels, new number plates, lower on springs/coilovers and remove stripes. I think it'll actually look quite tidy then.

Pearl Black Ph2 172
If it was mine i would go low with cheap springs, banded steel wheels, few stickers, Rat clio van style

Nice one for being so bold. :) Although, you certainly wont get many nice comments from 90% of CS. . .

172 replica
yes its been converted to van for work. new number plates are on now and lowering springs been ordered. thanks to everyone for being so negative but i really don't care, i like it! id rather have it like this than when i baught it and its only cost £150 all in all to do it .
​Cheers pearl some decent people on here atleast

How low did you decide to go?

I don't think there are many Matt clios on here so you're in a niche! As said above - well done for being bold enough to be different and not just another standard 172 rep! Plus, for 150 quid, you can't really be bad to it. Is that including your 172 body kit? I really badly need one but have no idea where you'd get one so cheap!

Pearl Black Ph2 172
No probs, although, if its a work van, wouldnt you have been better of painting it Non metallic white instead?

172 replica
How low did you decide to go?

I don't think there are many Matt clios on here so you're in a niche! As said above - well done for being bold enough to be different and not just another standard 172 rep! Plus, for 150 quid, you can't really be bad to it. Is that including your 172 body kit? I really badly need one but have no idea where you'd get one so cheap!

Yes mate including alloys / and kit and spray job. i will be wrapping it in another colour at some point but got a list of mods to do first. i got mine f ebay £80 pal

Pearl Black Ph2 172
Is that including your 172 body kit? I really badly need one but have no idea where you'd get one so cheap!

You only need, side skirts/wings/bumpers/headlights maybe, just piece it together from ebay/gumtree as long as your willing to spray it. ~ Otherwise check for cars breaking in your colour everyday and be prepared to wait.

172 replica
No probs, although, if its a work van, wouldnt you have been better of painting it Non metallic white instead?[/QUOT

the reason i thought that colour as it was easy to do plus any scratches i have my diy spray can in back...
​also i wanted to try it had free time on my hands and a £300 car to play with

172 replica
Anyway mods to come :

Colour change : OPEN TO DISCUSSION NOTHING COMMON
35mm drop
20mm spacer at front
full 172 interior
cover dash : matching exterior
rear camera placed in rear wiper hole with digital rear view mirror ( rear wiper removed )
full computer system fitted with 7" touch screen
Eventually 172 engine conversion

​Any help with colour change appreciated as i get bored easily so will be wrapping it different every few months