ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the site, Fitting a Hid Kit

Renault Clio
Hi I've just bought a Renault clio 2009 model. I want to have a hid kit and I was wondering if anyone knows how to do it and if its easy or not? I have an ok knowledge of cars but not brilliant . Thanks for reading and any help is much appreciated. Be patient as I'm a new member and still getting used to this lol

Mental 172 Cup
As said you need to be a member, but if you can't afford/be bothered to pay £1 a month then you can go on eBay and they will come up on there now and again..

Renault Clio
Welcome along!

As said, get hold of some 197 xenons, I paid around £200 for 200 projectors, so I can't see them being much cheaper than £150.
Yeah sounds like a good idea though, I wanna start upgrading the car because its standard and I want it too look half good haha. Any other ideas to improve looks?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
You will need to get projectors to fit HID's

not quite the case...... vosa stipulate, for your vehicle, if you have hids, you need to have headlamp washers fitted, or self leveling healights.
If you dont have either..... your car should fail an MOT. i got HIDS on my focus, dipped & mainbeam.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
From what I understand the 'new' rules about this keep getting delayed so its a bit of grey area, the only thing is it is quite annoying when people fit HIDs to reflector lenses as quite often they have a blinding affect.

Renault Clio
not quite the case...... vosa stipulate, for your vehicle, if you have hids, you need to have headlamp washers fitted, or self leveling healights.
If you dont have either..... your car should fail an MOT. i got HIDS on my focus, dipped & mainbeam.
Are headlight washers easy to fit? This sounds like a better option at the moment as I'm trying to save for a decent set of alloys however I will buy headlights if its a last resort.

Mental 172 Cup
You don't need headlight washers, if they aren't fitted they can't fail them.. Hence why they are a grey area. Projector lenses is just so you don't look like a pillock a blind every other driver on the road..

Renault Clio
You don't need headlight washers, if they aren't fitted they can't fail them.. Hence why they are a grey area. Projector lenses is just so you don't look like a pillock a blind every other driver on the road..
Ah I get what you mean now :) I am interested in projectors just put off at the price!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
just keep the standard lights and give the car a subtle drop and maybe some nicer wheels.