ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to this apple stuff need help and advice

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
hey guys im new to all this apple stuff. im after a mac book pro to use when dj'ing a few of my mates have them conected up to there decks and there amazing as you can drag and drop tunes to the decks not using cd's and have all your tunes on it so dont have to flick through a case full of cd's . Also it would make swapping tunes with them alot easier as at the moment i only have a pc.

anyway ive looked at afew but dont really know what im looking at or for im mainly after it for music playing music from it recording mix's etc and using it to go on the net

i dont like the look of the mac book so would have to go for the pro

im not worried about it being new as have been looking at a few on egay.

what are the main probelms with them to look out for

and what sort of spec do i look for theres so many choices and its confusing me as i dont know what half of it is:S

hope you can help sorry for being an apple noob:quiet:

6/468 17poo
You will need Traktor Scratch Pro or Serato with a decent external soundcard to mix properly, unless you use Ableton

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
erm why do you need a external sound card?? the idea of serato etc is you plug in the box then connect it to the decks... you still need discs in the decks though... but you can get that software for a pc laptop too there should be no conflict between using pc or mac... but mac is alot more stable, i use serato... i dont like traktor

6/468 17poo
You have to run a usb soundcard otherwise it will sound s**t, that 'box' is the soundcard well it is for Traktor, sure its the same for Serato

320d M Sport
I think ur confused a bit mate. What you're seeing on the mac screen isn't mac software. It's either gonna be serato, which is what I have, ableton live or traktor. If ur pc is reasonably new you can just use that, the software will record. Prices are £100 something to £500.