ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to this site and have a few troubles with my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1.2 clio mk1
hey guys and girls or whoever. im gabrielle age 19 and im learning to drive in my little baby racheal whos a 1.2 renault clio 5door hatchback.

however im having a bit of trouble with her.
im not very mechanically minded (just a typical mtf transexual lol)

she needs a new drivers side sill as some t***t in my street kicked a ball under it and when retrieving thier ball kicked the sill off (by jacking point) know of any going cheap ?

also when shes running i dont always get it but she lacks power and tries cutting out at junctions, if i clean the butterfly on the throttle she goes ok for a while then.
how would i clean the carburettor ? spray carb cleaner down the butterfly ?i dont know?
i have noticed though with this problem i found that when i had a look to try finding the fault the plastic box that holds the air filter on has snapped what some people call the end cap or something and theres no air filter. i got a new air filter but it wont stay in there as the end cap is broken.
any ideas how i can do a cheap fix but not spend too much money ?
i dont want to touch any of the air box up the top of the engine , just rather bypass it instead of messing around with things i dont know of.
ive been looking at them air filter induction thingeys but i dont know where it would bolt on. the only place i can find to put one is where you have the butterfly on the throttle body , but how would you rectify the small pipe on the bottom of the tube where it comes from the throttle body to the air filer (in other words the pipe i take off to clean the butterfly) i think its a breather pipe but im not sure??

also what colour wire is the ignition turn key wire on the radio wiring , or hasnt it got one ?
i keep forgetting to take the face off my radio then im getting a flat battery .
i have wired it myself but theres a red and grey wire where two wires have been joined from someone elses wiring and its fused for some reason but the two wires that branch off the red/grey wire , one is going to the battery (yellow) and the other ign accessory (red)
i have two loose wires behind which are both yellow and are not connected , could one of them be turn key ignition ?

im not very mechanically minded . took me 6 hours just to find that butterfly throttle thingy you clean. i know where it is now though .

Status
Not open for further replies.