ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Topmounts order?

A45 AMG 406BHP
This is what ive currently got....

The silver cup is to sit on the spring... then the silver spacer infront of it? came with the coilover....

I had no topmounts on. The blue nyloc came on the coilovers when refurbed.

Now which order does it all go in???

cheers

picture:

IMG_1842.jpg

Silver cup
bearing
rubber mount
nut (the one between the silver cup and bearing)
top hat (far left of pic)
then the other nut(bottom left of pic)

Imo there should be a little 5mm spacer between the silver cup and bearing??

The other spacer (bottom right) is off the old style top mounts and the nut next to it is not part of the top mount setup

A45 AMG 406BHP
its the new design topmounts to stop knocking apparently(from renault)
the nut has a spacer (between bearing and silver cup) has a 5mm spacer under it..

thanks dude:)

This is the order then

Silver cup

bearing
rubber mount
big nut with spacer

fit strut back in position on car

top hat (far left of pic)
then the other nut(bottom left of pic)

;)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
And that bearing is currently upside down isn't it? I hope so cos that's how my mate put mine on I think!

Or, as it currently is pictured, the bearing sits in the black rubber cup as they are now (but both those are upside down)

Yep they are upside down in the picture but anyone with a bit of common sense should notice when assembling. bearing always goes flat side down

Monaco 172
Just to clarify when you have fitted the new spacer design the top mount ( in engine bay ) it will not sit flush with engine bay?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
No they won't. That's what the spacer does as previously the cap would rub on the bodywork and cause the annoying 'creaking'.

Monaco 172
Thanks, the thing is ive recently changed my top mounts for new and ive put them back together in the order shown, but ive used the original spacers as i was not sure they were ment to sit of the bodywork, but ive not got a creak i have a knock from the drivers side :s

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Change the spacers over then or you can buy some washers off Cotball on here. These can helo get rid of the creaking.