ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Toy!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The company Giulietta isn't the most entertaining so now the TT has (finally) gone I've purchased this!

Its got an R1 motorbike engine, its not the fastest thing on earth and bike engines can be frustraiting on the road but its fun enough, tyres are bit OTT for something that weighs 480kg though!

ac078c50.jpg

1d73c0ec.jpg

2b050883.jpg

Sorry for iphone photo's.

Mk5 golf gti
very cool although im not always a massive fan of the bike engined setups.

but i wouldnt drive that on the road Lol epic fun track days to be had though

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
very cool although im not always a massive fan of the bike engined setups.

but i wouldnt drive that on the road Lol epic fun track days to be had though

I'm not a huge fan of bike set ups either, but a good 200bhp zetec/xe set up is ££££ more!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The engine oddly isn't the problem, even this 998cc 160bhp unit will shift the car along very well, a bike gearbox won't. Its a pig to drive, a bike clutch doesn't like pulling 400 odd kilos away. The whole gearshift is VERY clunky. Still flat up shifts are cool.

Having the correct ratio diff makes a huge difference to how drivable it is. The final drive on this is 3.62, so about 10mph to every 1000rpm in 5th. 13krpm rev limit will give a 130mph top speed.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Some are over 180bhp!

You can get 220bhp from a 1300cc hyabusa motor!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
bike setups are bad because the drivetrain only likes less than half the weight.

new BMW S1000RR can hit 200bhp with just a can, from a 1 litre. Bo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Its good Joey. Its just slow (1.6 Diesel). Interior is funky and its really good looking from the front, well a lot better looking than most company cars!

Just going to pick the Orange thing up now..... in the rain.... arse.