ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Trophy Owner

Finally managed to get myself a 182 after years of wanting one. Never thought i'd be lucky enough to get a Trophy.

Found it on a salvage site that my dad was using for work and pursuaded him to get it.

Its no. 400/500 and needs a bit of work lol.

When i first got it home

IMG00014-20101218-1124.jpg

IMG00015-20101218-1124.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
welcome Deb. Damage doesnt look to bad from the pics, just bumper and wing, cross member seems ok?

Fiesta ST-3
Welcome to the club. Car doesn't look too bad. Well done for saving it. Don't these normally get torn to shreds at salvage yards.

Clio
Hi Deb welcome to CS.

sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been out the country spending the last few weeks in the Eastern Pacific doing charitable work to help rebuild old peoples homes that were destroyed in the recent Hurricane Season. There was alot of damage and I was usually working alone 14 hours a day lifting large wood supports into place. It was hard work on my biceps but I couldn't give up. I needed to help other people. I'm nice like that. Maybe we should go for a drink. Your parents would love me.

Hope your Trophy gets all fixed up nice.

soon to be 182 ;)
Que Mace..

Hi Deb welcome to CS.

sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have been out the country spending the last few weeks in the Eastern Pacific doing charitable work to help rebuild old peoples homes that were destroyed in the recent Hurricane Season. There was alot of damage and I was usually working alone 14 hours a day lifting large wood supports into place. It was hard work on my biceps but I couldn't give up. I needed to help other people. I'm nice like that. Maybe we should go for a drink. Your parents would love me.

Hope your Trophy gets all fixed up nice.

thats what he means que mace lol

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Are you going to get the dampers rebuilt during the repair process? I think it would certainly add to the feel of the car. Never quite sure what damage the dampers have taken either in the accident.

I hit a kerb last year when someone pulled out in front of me and I swerved to miss them. Didn't do any damage to the wheel thankfully but it was a fair old hit - no damage to the eye but I ended up losing a bit of gas (From the shock) which was only determined when the dampers were rebuilt. Having the dampers rebuilt made the car feel amazing. (At the time I did have a few other bits done which also added to the overall affect but would deffo reccomend it.)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome along.

I think there may be damage to the bulkhead area where the wing is cracked i'm guessing that'as why the door isn't shutting.
Hopefully the shunt hasn't travelled through the shell and twisted anything.

Check the roof aperatures where the doors open, there's a good chance it could be kinked in there if it is then there may be some serious damage to the shell.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Clio 172 RS2
Welcome on CS Deb!

Was the Trophy a breaker or a write-off that you know of?
Good catch anyways...
Get it aligned on a jigg.

Are you going to get the dampers rebuilt during the repair process? I think it would certainly add to the feel of the car. Never quite sure what damage the dampers have taken either in the accident.

I hit a kerb last year when someone pulled out in front of me and I swerved to miss them. Didn't do any damage to the wheel thankfully but it was a fair old hit - no damage to the eye but I ended up losing a bit of gas (From the shock) which was only determined when the dampers were rebuilt. Having the dampers rebuilt made the car feel amazing. (At the time I did have a few other bits done which also added to the overall affect but would deffo reccomend it.)

Not really sure how damaged the damper is yet. My dads hoping that he might be able to rebuild it, or just buy 2 new aftermarket dampers for the front. But if he does that I'm tempted to replace all 4. How much is it to have them rebuilt?

welcome to cs looking forward to the outcome of the trophy. :)

Welcome along.

I think there may be damage to the bulkhead area where the wing is cracked i'm guessing that'as why the door isn't shutting.
Hopefully the shunt hasn't travelled through the shell and twisted anything.

Check the roof aperatures where the doors open, there's a good chance it could be kinked in there if it is then there may be some serious damage to the shell.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, will do :) it looks like there is a slight kink just above the door. My dad reckons it should be easy to sort though

Welcome on CS Deb!

Was the Trophy a breaker or a write-off that you know of?
Good catch anyways...
Get it aligned on a jigg.

Thanks :) its a cat D write off. Think its going on the jigg sometime next month

Welcome along missus

New Sachs dampers for the front are about £600 each from renault from memory, rebuild from BG motorsport is a lot cheaper and quikcer.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols thanks for lettiing me know about the kink, I thought there would be. Even worse on the sunroof models.

It only takes a slight knock on the clios are the front and the edges of the roof go.

I'm an Assessor so if you have any question fire away or PM me. Cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I never felt comfortable driving my old clio when i pranged it...Every twitch, & creak gave me less and less confidence...

New Sachs dampers for the front are about £600 each from renault from memory, rebuild from BG motorsport is a lot cheaper and quikcer.

Ahh, I hope I don't need a new one then! Thanks for the info :)

Lols thanks for lettiing me know about the kink, I thought there would be. Even worse on the sunroof models.

It only takes a slight knock on the clios are the front and the edges of the roof go.

I'm an Assessor so if you have any question fire away or PM me. Cheers.

Haha thats ok. Thanks :)

I never felt comfortable driving my old clio when i pranged it...Every twitch, & creak gave me less and less confidence...

Oh right :S I've driven a few other cars my dads repaired and they all drove like new. So i hope the clio will be ok when its finished

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I was under the impression that the dampers were about £1,300 each at the front? Can't be £600 as it costs £250 for a refurb. Would be a high % of the cost for a rebuild.

Skoda fabia Vrs
I was under the impression that the dampers were about £1,300 each at the front? Can't be £600 as it costs £250 for a refurb. Would be a high % of the cost for a rebuild.

There like £1100 + plus VAT each damper on the front lol. Would be mad to buy new 1s when you can get them rebuilt lol