ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV

340i
I know there are a few of these threads around... But I want my own ;) haha

Not too sure on what to look for, my basic spec / idea is:

42"

1080p

100hz +

wall mountable

budget... up to £800

I've heard good things about the Panasonic's, Samsung's?

:)

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
panasonic are expensive for what they offer, samsung aren't bad i would go for the le40b650 tbh if it was a samsung. LG have a very good line atm and are doing preeeeeetty well against other much pricier brands.
A 42" LG with 100hz 3m/s response full HD will set you back £649.95 from richer sounds ;)

Anything Panasonic. Samsungs are good, but you will only watch it and think "I wish i bought a panasonic now.".

Not sure what the latest panels are at the moment. May still be G10 which we have in our house, really nice TV.

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
My room is quite small so i bought a LG 32' 1080 P for £500 and a swingable wall mount £60.. The wall mount is excellent !

340i
I've got a fairly decent sized room.. with the chimney tunnel?! running through a wall so it can be mounted on that (its about 1.6m wide offset from the wall) 42" should fit that nicely ;)

If you by from a normal shop, i.e. john lewis or other electrical shops, the specifics regarding tecs i.e. engine are usually older, for instance, the one i just bought was a 40 inch sony bravia 100hz for 684 or sumin around that off digital direct, the smae tell at john lewis was around the same price with an engine 2 rather than an engine 3 which i have. Regarding samsungs ive never had a probs and they make the screens for sony.

Have a look at digital direct, you get 4 years warranty on most and its 0% and you can trade in a shitty old tv for 50 quid

340i
I could get a plasma ;)

But I think the Samsung LCD's look alot sharper image wise?!

Digital Direct don't stock Samsung?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Also for the money its going to be LCD as you couldnt get a plasma for that.

Panasonic G10 is within budget, good TV.

I could get a plasma ;)

But I think the Samsung LCD's look alot sharper image wise?!

Plasmas give a more natural picture imho, LCDs look too sharp and overprocessed to me a lot of the time.

Sharpness of image does not equal the detail or quality :)

Generally speaking plasma is better quality, just google a newish article on lcd vs plasma, basically the quality colours on plasma are much deeper, they also now last for 100000 hours so you cant even say they dont last very long now. Be aware they places like currys will stock lower engines as mentioned above, also i wouldnt specifically go for a samsung see whats around, sony is just as good as samsung (some say better) i think they are about the same but still have a look.