ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new tyre places and prices

VW Potato

amigos,

would like some competitive prices (i.e dirt cheap) for new tyres for the car. Getting v close to the legal limit on the front and with the polizia thick on the ground at the moment, I dont fancy getting stopped again with slicks. Anyone advise some places where the prices are good?

Im going to go for Goodyear Eagle Venturas - is a wet tyre and also excellent in the dry (was super all rounder on the Golf; a little noisy, but i think that was more the Golf than the tyre).

g

VW Potato

cheers zed....i guess then that I then have to get them fitted somewhere if they deliver? how does that work then?

g

Ultra Red Megane R26

Martins Tyres, West End nr Woking, Surrey

Eagle F1 185 55 R15 £60 inc VAT, Valve & Fitting!

Bargain!:)

Ultra Red Megane R26

No problem, they are a small place but very good service. Got all four corners done last week, 5 people swarmed on the car and got it all done in 15 mins! Give them a call first though cos they have a limited stock of the F1s.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Kiwk Fit charged me £55 a tyre, 195x45x15 for Eagle F1s, including fitting and balancing.

Before Kiwk Fit when I ordered from mytyres, I took them to be fitted at kiwk fit and they didnt charge me, just charged for tracking.

VW Potato

"I took them to be fitted at kiwk fit and they didnt charge me"

thats very charitable of them - i thought they might be a bit miffed though as youre using their facilities but theyre not really making much on it? nice to know, anyway!

g

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Yeh, I thought that! When I asked a few weeks back again (cos I was gonna but from mytyres and fit at kiwk again) they told me £7.99 a rim! Maybe they forgot to charge me or summit! Tis kiwk fit!