ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tyres and Tyre Queries

Hello,

My 182 currently has Keter tyres fitted all round (I've never heard of them either) and they are by far the worst tyres I have ever ever come across.

They are currently 205/45/16's. I'm curious as to what difference it would make having 195/45/16's? Is it basically they are a smaller circumference therefore the wheel has to rotate more to equal the larger size? What do people prefer? Is there a preference?

Also after PS3's and as much as I dispise kwik-fit they are doing all 4 fitted for £306 which seems pretty good to me. Tyres are £70 alone on camskill. They are 195's. What are people's opinions on this.

Thanks

James

Teg
A 7J wheel (same width as the standard 172 and 182 wheels) are suited for both 195 and 205 tyres. From the factory 172s came with a 16/45/195 tyre and 182s came with 16/45/205. I personally like the look of a 205 tyre better as a 195 road tyre looks slightly stretched. If it's a 182 I'd personally fit 205 tyres the speedometer will have been calibrated to that size tyre... Although fitting a 195 won't make that much difference to the speedo, it'll knock it out by 1.5%.

As for kwik-fit.. There fine for tyres and fitting even wheel alignment if they got the hunter system but yeah anything else then go elsewhere.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Kwik fit do do some good deals sometimes, although i dont like them either. Some report less tramlining with the 195, and a more responsive drive, but I've not tried 205's on 16 inch rims yet, only on 15's, where I preferred them to 195's on 16's. PS3's are very good though.