ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tyres for Track Day???

Megane Diesel / 172
I'm going to Castle Coombe on 20th April for my first track day :approve: and I currently am running 15" wheels with Toyo T1R 185/55/15.

These tyres have easily 4mm of tread left on them and I was intending on running these on the track day and then fitting a new set of 195/50/15 all round once I'd done my track day.

Speaking to a few people and I get different advice about whether to fit the new tyres before or after the track day, one says feck up your existing old tyres and the other says get new rubber on for maximum grip.....

What to do????? Any advice from more experienced track dayers would be most appreciated.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would say stick with what youve got. This your first day? Edit < yes it is > Stick what youve got :)

WRX
Definitely use what you've got, otherwise it's like having £40 in your wallet and throwing it in the bin. If you're the type to do the latter I can PM you my address.;)

More grip doesn't mean more fun.

I would personally get a set of tyres on that your not too fussed about and just have fun. Track days aren't about going as quick as you can, just the most fun.

Megane Diesel / 172
Thanks for all the advice, it was my way of thinking but nice to have that second opinion, didn't want to spend £250 on tyres and then proceed to see how much damage I could do to them really.