ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancied a van. Bought a van.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So the Clio 197/Meglio thing sold at 10am today. I can’t have money in the bank, it makes my ass itch and it’s why I’ve got so many bloody cars....
So I had a think about what to get next.

I really fancied a van to just pile a load of stuff in the back and Me the wife and kids (and dog obviously!) can piss off for the weekend. Make some memories and all that. It can also double up as my track day tow vehicle and means I can sit in the back with a chair to get out of the sun (because ginger) and the rain (because pussy).

I didn’t want a Transit/minging builders van, I’m not tragic enough to own a VW Transporter, and i’m not a pedo so I didn’t want a Citroen relay or similar.

This left me with the Vivaro/primastar/Trafic.

These can come with great spec so I wanted a top one; Sat Nav, bluetooth, rear arm rests, air con, electric windows. This one has it all. And it’s in a nice colour. Ideally I wanted black but these are rare as hens teeth so beggars can’t be choosers.

Anyway, found one at about 6pm tonight. I messaged the bloke, quick phone call, deposit paid and I collect it tomorrow from flipping miles away. 7 hour round trip.

but Looks lovely and will look even better when I put some standard wheels back on it, fit a rear spoiler, tint the rear windows and get it signwritten for the business.

My friends little brother has nearly 240bhp out of his with the same engine. (Meg dci175hybrid turbo etc etc) I’ll get this mapped but I won’t be bothering with all that nonsense

So yeah, here’s my new van;

11984DB2-FB2D-4C38-8BE4-30A54A5FDB0D.png
A1B97AAF-515E-405E-800C-1846BB9B5745.png
F3A56710-CA84-4F87-A0B9-B6FBC4849191.png

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks smart!

Mines on 130k and it's never let me down despite not spending much on it, still on the original cambelt.
Only thing I've replaced is the bulbs in the heater panel.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeh less of the tragic VW Transporter stuff! I did well out of mine.

Anyway looks nice.... 😁

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Get that DPF fucked off in the bin😂

Good vans tbh, my old neighbour had a Relay and then a Tranny Custom. Definitely was a bit strange because he had a caravan too. Everytime he hooked that caravan up for a weekend away I could feel the sense of "please kill me" from his kids

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Looks alright. Don't mind the wheels to be honest.

Don't think I could have a Transporter either to be honest. They're nice enough, but the whole scene is pretty tragic.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looks alright. Don't mind the wheels to be honest.

Don't think I could have a Transporter either to be honest. They're nice enough, but the whole scene is pretty tragic.

You don't have to be part of the scene, that is optional 😂 I bought one, it looked smart, got me to South of France and back and held its value. No complaints from me, maybe I got lucky!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
How did this pan out??
I was looking at a van to replace the family hack should it flunk the MOT. It didn’t. But I like the ability to loads the kids and stuff up without roof bars and roof boxes etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How did this pan out??
I was looking at a van to replace the family hack should it flunk the MOT. It didn’t. But I like the ability to loads the kids and stuff up without roof bars and roof boxes etc.
Used it yesterday to go to to a mini safari type place.
Wife and kids had somewhere dry to change boots and coats etc, the rubber floor in the cab got filthy from the kids and the dog. A quick wipe with an old towel and it’s like new in there again now.

absolutely brilliant thing so far, I love it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You in a C-Class there?

Fully agree re: the VW. My best mate has a converted Transporter. He has an Instagram page to document his (their) travels. 100% cringe.
Yeah man. My Dads C250 Diesel AMG line thing. Took in px at work about 3 years ago and he loved it. Can’t see him getting rid of it ever to be honest. It is lovely.