ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New user From Portugal

Clio II 1.2 16v 03'
Hello guys

First of all id like to introduce myself, my name is Ricardo im 26 and im from Portugal (living in Porto, most of you may recognise the name or city from football team). Im recently formed in mechanical engineering and as many of you i've allways refer motors in general as one of my favourite passion, in fact, i spend most of my time searching info and reading articles about cars and/or foruns, or gettin my hand in oil and grease in a friend's garage.

Since my early years, i use to go with my father and some friends to watch some rallys and circuit stages near Porto, so i was used to manage the rubber and fuel smell like napalm in the morning:rasp:. The passion was started and the history of my family was allways connected to Renault, from the old gordini of my grandfather, to my day car "simple" clio II 1.2 16v passing for a few Super 5 or 5 Gt Turbo who passed in my father's hands, in fact, my uncle worked in Renault as a mechanic for long years.

recently formed, im starting my carrer at work and im thinking (with no pressure or stress of finding one) of buying a 2nd car, maybe a future classic one, to keep on my garage, totaly stock, to spend some time and to get him out to jave some "quality time".

First i thought about the most iconic clio, and one of my favourite cars, the eternal Williams, after searching for some of them in Portugal, i became to an fast and specific conclusion : They are Rare, arent for Sale, and those who are, are bad shaped and Overrat€d.
So i start thinking about the clio 16V (comum Valver) and itself became the same conclusion of the williams for my sadnedd.

As i am an Clio II user, and i know what a Clio chassis can do, i start thinking about the Clio II 172, and i find some good cars in a good shape and not so much expensive like Willys or Valvers. ive already droven an mk1 172 and an mk2 172, both on OEM setup and in the same track, so i was already in love with that chassis and the "RenaultSport" logo and his history...

Start reading all the articles about all the Rs's and his diferences (still reading and searching for some of them) and getting interested in your Forum, real and nice information, usefull and good to read with a lot of photos, real masterpiece, so id manage to register and introduce myself, to tell you guys a lil more about my history and passion about your lil "pocket rockets" as i use to mention where in Portugal, with hope, real hope, than in a "future present" ill introduce you my new car, with no doubt, an Renault, made in Dieppe:evil:

Best Regards, from Portugal ;)

Ricardo Rocha