ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New vlog on the Jaguar F-Type V6 S's used credentials. Yay or nay?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
To keep up the output on the cinch YT channel, I had a go at a vlog-style video, shot quickly and with fewer cameras than the previous vid, and edited in a simpler way. It's on a used Jaguar F-Type V6 S (that we were using for a sports sponsorship shoot), which at £37k ish I thought represented brilliant value for money for a still-fresh used sports car. An equivalently priced 911 (which, naturally, would be my first choice) would have to be several years older, and come with all the mechanical uncertainty that brings..

So, here's the vid. The one we have next week will be back to full film and edit quality; but I wondered, what do people think about the occasional Vlog post? Nice addition to a new channel, or better off sticking to the higher-quality stuff? Genuinely interested for people's opinions!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you’re worried about mechanical uncertainty of an older Porsche, frying Pan and fire springs to mind with any JLR product, and that’s before we even think about depreciation.
takes a brave/rich man to buy a jag over a Porsche.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Fair point; I guess what I mean is that certain mileage-related consumables, like bushes, bearings and top mounts, etc, might need replacing in a decade-old Porsche. Where as you might get away with a couple more years in the Jag before it starts needing similar age-related maintenance. Maybe that's optimistic.

Either way, the equivalent Jag's always going to be newer, which I still reckon counts for a lot to some people!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
my father in law has one. Its the slightly later model with nearly every single option. Its a fabulous car and rides exceptionally well (in comparison to my 140). He loves it too. The noise it makes definitely gets my knickers moist too. 🤣

That said, I do ever so slightly gain on him on the straights. Hes heartbroken by that

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Honestly, I always jump back into the Clio and am astounded how quick it still feels, even compared to proper sports cars. It's why even after stints of driving all manner of things at my previous employers, Autocar and PistonHeads, I never got bored of the 182. In fact, I often left the press car at home and took it for my Saturday morn drive...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Honestly, I always jump back into the Clio and am astounded how quick it still feels, even compared to proper sports cars. It's why even after stints of driving all manner of things at my previous employers, Autocar and PistonHeads, I never got bored of the 182. In fact, I often left the press car at home and took it for my Saturday morn drive...
Stop, you're making me miss mine 🤣

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I keep looking at F types as a replacement for my 911, but then I read a few horror stories and a decide to stay with my apparently self destructive 997.1

they do look very nice though.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I keep looking at F types as a replacement for my 911, but then I read a few horror stories and a decide to stay with my apparently self destructive 997.1

they do look very nice though.
Oooo yeah mate I can see the IMS bearing going from here. Tell you what, I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands 😉