ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New weekend toy :-)

BMW M3
Picked this up the other day after having it restored and has now relegated my clio to the pavement.

It a 1983 Porsche 944 and was bought brand new by my Dad and then sat in a disused garage for 10 years hence why its milage is less than my clio !

Its great fun to drive.... feels very planted and has a good weight distribution. Although its intended use will not involve it being driven hard. More to just cruise around the countryside. Its no where near as quick as my clio though.

Still a little work needed inside. Mainly the leather needs to be re-done but that should be sorted in the next couple weeks.

08042009650.jpg

08042009651.jpg

08042009652.jpg

08042009654.jpg

08042009655.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome..Although the 944 does had about the worst interior ever made!

944 tubby :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Interior could do with a few changes from other Porsche's unless you're going for the Full OE look?

Looks very nice though :)

J03

MX5 1.8
WOOOOOOOOOOW i sooo love these! my dad use to have a turbo white one like 15 years ago... is this a turbo'd one??

172, Tiguan
Awesome. Love the 944's. They are a very attractive Porsche. No doubt about it though, the later oval dash's really improved things.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
How quick are these then? would still have imagined it to be fairly fast but you say your clio is faster?

BMW M3
This is not a turbo which is why its not hugely fast. The turbos are alot quicker. This is one of the early 2.5l 4 cylinder..... but thats almost better as its not for speed... just cruising about. Its actually pretty good on fuel and still sounds nice.

Tangoed Works
interior is crazy, although I do also love these. Just bring it back to A1 condition and enjoy it for what it is.

Golf R soon...
The exterior looks mint, the interior is ok ;)

You mentioned the mileage was lower than the clio, what is it?

Turbos.
So what is the story behind it? Why unused for 10 years?

My dad was given one as his company car when he was based in Manchester in the '80s. It was white with big Turbo decals down the side. Went down well with people on the pickets... lol.

BMW M3
So what is the story behind it? Why unused for 10 years?

My dad was given one as his company car when he was based in Manchester in the '80s. It was white with big Turbo decals down the side. Went down well with people on the pickets... lol.

Well, It started its life in Germany but then moved back to the UK where it had a easy life only being driven once in while. Then it went into storage with an M5 for a bit.... M5 then came out and the 944 stayed there on its Jack Jones for about 10 years.

Unfortunatly, some pleasant youths broke in once and smashed it all up leaving it in a pretty sorry state, so its had some fairly extensive restoration done to it.

J03

MX5 1.8
just noticed its left hand drive, is it an import?

edit: just read your last post about it being from germany