ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wheels...Finally made my mind up

FF182
Just a couple of quick pictures of my new wheels, wanted to change the standard alloys to something a bit different ..what do you think. I am really happy with them , think they suit the car quite well...and they are not Turini's;)

DSC01396.png

DSC01394.png

DSC01395.png

RenaultSport Clio 172 MK2
Very nice angry eyes. Trying to break the turini trend are you :) That may take some doing!

RS Meg 175
looks nice mate, would look funking mint if you lowered it on coilys and a bit more of the tyre gloss ;)

not keen btw, but as long as you like :D:D

what are they btw? think silver might stand out a bit too much . . . . . hmmmm

jamie

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They're Technomagnesio Detroit's. The F1's have a massive lip on the edge.

Think they look a little soft on the Clio tbh, but as said before, as long as you like them!

FF182
They are Tecnomagnesio Detroits, The F1 only come in 18" , toyed with the idea of putting dark wheels on but went for classic silver in the end...

M2 Competition
Lol, thats why they stick out then! Isnt offset on a 182 nearer 45?

Guessing they'll scrub if you ever decide to lower it.

FF182
Just found this on tinterweb "Wheel Jargon Offset

Referred to as ET. This is the distance in millimetres from the centre line of the wheel to the surface of it's mounting face. It's not the most simple aspect of wheel fitment to get your head around but basically the smaller the offset, the further out of your arch the wheels will sit. The higher the offset, the further into the arch the wheel will sit.

Understand it now, it states offset for a clio is 35 - 42.

So in laymans terms because the offset is 37 they sit further out from the arches and that will now mean lowering is a problem ?
Not that bothered as wasnt thinking of lowering as yet anyhow, i like the ride as it is ...:)

M2 Competition
Yep ^^

You've got wheels with the correct offset for a cup.

Couldnt you take em back to the garage, and say that they sold you the wrong ones, demand some that fit, just to be on the safe side?

FF182
even more confused now....spoke to wheelbase who advised the correct offset for a 2004 clio 182 is 36 -They have double checked all their guides... so these at 37 will be fine even if lowered????

They seem to think that it is the cup cars that have the higher offset....

anybody offer any further advice...

cheers

FF182
Going back to wheelbase in the morning, so what aftermarket wheel does have an offset nearer 45, let me guess ....turinis...:)