ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels fitted

Oyster Card
I fitted some used Black powdercoated standard alloys today to replace my heavly kerbed standard alloys.

My old wheels front tyres were sitting on the limiter, on the fronts.
They were all Michellin Pilot Sports.

Anyhow, my new wheels have a mixture of Avon, Michellin and Nexium all with near brand new tred.
The car handles like a beast again cornering wise I can throw it into any corner and it will take it in it's stride almost impossible to get tyre squeel now unlike before.

Only problem being is when I accelate hard the car seem to feel like it's going walkies to the left also after turning the steering wheel feels kind of sluggish and unpredicatable for a few metres.

Is this because all the tyres need to be worn in, i.e theyve come of another car but my old tyres where always on the car in exactly the same corner.
Do they need time to bed in?

Or is there a problem somewhere.

Steering feels move responsive and lighter, lighter in a positive way as in it's easier to manovour.

Tyre pressures are fine 32 front and 30 rear.

Last edited:
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
The old tyres would have worn to the other car so will take a good few miles to bed in to your car.

I'd also strongly suggest you match the brands on each corner. I'e run all the same brand and type of tyre or at least get the 2 axels matching. 3/4 different brands is going to affect the way it drives and in all honesty, havng 4 michelins, or 4 goodyears or 2 of each etc will definately improve things.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I would say the reason its pulling is due to the uneven tyre tread patterns, mine used to pull loads with uneven patterns, now I have the axels matching as DarthCake says, its fine

Oyster Card
Sweet cheers guys it is a bit extream as the treds couldnt be more diffrent. Anyhow Im not going to change them as I'm getting brand new aftermarket alloys next month I HAD to get these as my old ones were boarding illegal and one wouldn't take a tyre.

As these are black they're proving alloys meaning any kerbing will show up and chip the paint so I've got to treat them like a lady
Lets hope they'll wash the car and clean for me in return. :D

Edit: Also they are Matt Black, they've apparently already been laquered would adding more make them more glossy?

Last edited: