ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels time...

330i. E30 Touring.
2f809k72.jpg

1998 wheel of the year.

I like this..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
His problem is he's probably persecuted hundreds of people on forums over the years for buying fakes so he can't be seen to do it although he really wants to, he knows his Internet mates will take him apart.

Internet problems innit.

No I genuinely would never buy replicas or fakes lol!

Im on the look out for some blq's or if that fails I will get the 3sdm 0.01 as I like them and that's all that matters lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
No I genuinely would never buy replicas or fakes lol!

Im on the look out for some blq's or if that fails I will get the 3sdm 0.01 as I like them and that's all that matters lol

Are you going to lower it?

e92 330i
The 0.05 are alright acctually, mate has them on his leon cupra. But i prefer the 0.01's out of the 3.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I've a set of replica BBS LM on the work car and apart from the chromey polished outer rim corroding the actual wheels are still perfect 3 years later and still buckle and crack free.

If only my f**king genuine AMG wheels on the merc were as good quality! The fronts keep cracking.

Disastra Coupe
I love how even before I opened this thread I knew it'd be fake this, fake that.

Get something that looks nice, it's not a rally car, you don't need titanium wheels forged in the fires of Mt. Doom.

His problem is he's probably persecuted hundreds of people on forums over the years for buying fakes so he can't be seen to do it although he really wants to, he knows his Internet mates will take him apart.

Internet problems innit.

This imo. I know plenty of people who have run Rota's without problem. I know plenty of people who have run replica BBS' etc. without problem.

I know people with genuine OZ's and other wheels who have buckled/cracked them. The fact is if a cheaper wheel get's damaged all the rich boy's out there go 'ooh look, they all break, buy genuine!' and pay complete ignorance when a genuine wheel get's damaged.

I know i'll get some abuse for saying that - but i don't really care tbh. I get bored of reading rich scene kids (that's not to call Malice or anyone else that, no fingers pointing from me) but i get bored of reading people slating stuff constant.

And i'd also agree you've asked on the wrong forum. CS only does Turinis or standard lol.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
This is the wrong forum to ask for wheel advice, typical CS responses as expected.

exactly my thoughts,
i have started writing replies then just deleted them a few times in this thread, just same sh*t different day with some of the comments and people on here....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Are you going to lower it?

will stick some b5 spring cups on it (lowers 5-10mm) and then some springs for now, eventually i would like bags lol (watch the haters)

the reason i dont like replicas, people go and spend their hard earned money on genuine wheels (most of the time built better i.e real 3 piece wheels over a 1 piece made to look like a split rim normally with plastic bolts LOL) and also most of the time have expensive manufacturing processes! they put them on their car and it looks great. couple months later you get a company come along and they make a copy that look the same or similar, they dont necessarily go through the same testing etc... then some kid goes and spends 1/4 of the price and thinks that makes them the same?

same way if someone spends 2k on a watch then someone else buys a "replica" is that ok too?

or the best is people buying "replica" steering wheels, or "replica" takata harnesses, when does "replica" become bad lol?

if i buy replica wheels i dont know that they are made to the standards i would like, i dont know that they arent going to shatter, i dont know that they may split in to chunks and 70mpg injuring me... and being replica you cant trace where they have come from and most companies will say they were not for sale in the uk etc, where as if i buy genuine wheels, an issue arrises i have someone to go to!

ALSO lets say i buy the 3sdm wheels, i bend one some how, i can call 3sdm or forge motorsport and get a replacement in 2-3 days max, if i buy replicas, a year down the line i bend one, trying to get another wheel exactly the same is going to be hard.

i dont wear a fake watch, i dont wear fake clothes, i dont want fake or replica wheels. that is my opinion thats what im sticking to, if you dont like it that is all down to you and i dont care lol.

will stick some b5 spring cups on it (lowers 5-10mm) and then some springs for now, eventually i would like bags lol (watch the haters)

the reason i dont like replicas, people go and spend their hard earned money on genuine wheels (most of the time built better i.e real 3 piece wheels over a 1 piece made to look like a split rim normally with plastic bolts LOL) and also most of the time have expensive manufacturing processes! they put them on their car and it looks great. couple months later you get a company come along and they make a copy that look the same or similar, they dont necessarily go through the same testing etc... then some kid goes and spends 1/4 of the price and thinks that makes them the same?

same way if someone spends 2k on a watch then someone else buys a "replica" is that ok too?

or the best is people buying "replica" steering wheels, or "replica" takata harnesses, when does "replica" become bad lol?

if i buy replica wheels i dont know that they are made to the standards i would like, i dont know that they arent going to shatter, i dont know that they may split in to chunks and 70mpg injuring me... and being replica you cant trace where they have come from and most companies will say they were not for sale in the uk etc, where as if i buy genuine wheels, an issue arrises i have someone to go to!

ALSO lets say i buy the 3sdm wheels, i bend one some how, i can call 3sdm or forge motorsport and get a replacement in 2-3 days max, if i buy replicas, a year down the line i bend one, trying to get another wheel exactly the same is going to be hard.

i dont wear a fake watch, i dont wear fake clothes, i dont want fake or replica wheels. that is my opinion thats what im sticking to, if you dont like it that is all down to you and i dont care lol.

So thats a Yes to lowering it ;) haha
Bags and should look like a beaut, and like I said XXR's cracking wheels, mad for the price too :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Would you not consider cheaper coilovers just for the gap before you get bags? All the wheels you have posted would need "stance" imo. (I hate saying that sounds gay) Springs may get you there but you'd be lucky.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Would you not consider cheaper coilovers just for the gap before you get bags? All the wheels you have posted would need "stance" imo. (I hate saying that sounds gay) Springs may get you there but you'd be lucky.

No I value my back too much lol, with the b5 cups and a 30mm spring tbh it brings the s4 down loads.... Will see how it looks, if its no good it just speeds up bagging it quicker lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
not done anything recently need to do an oil change need 9L of oil :cry:

but gave it a polish with my das6 pro the other day, then got bored after correcting a few marks so finished with af tripple and tough coat... was parked on a highstreet and it looked cool so i took this pic :)

943432_10152837024420054_36018580_n.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I want to like them, but there's just something about them.

Although its maybe because thats probably the only car I've seen where the tyre is tucked right up in the arch.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Minority here, but I actually really like it.

Thanks rob!

i like it too, prefer them over the xxr wheels which I almost got, and everyone else that has seen it likes them too, tbh clio sport is the only place that has been negative lol!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was following a red one of these the other day with an exhaust on. It gave me a semi. The noise, oh the noise..

107 Track Car & C4
Love the wheels, saw them on a new shape Jetta at the weekend and looked brilliant. They are a marmite wheel though..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look too bad. Just a tad gangster drug dealer look sadly.

I think it's the Black that makes it look like that though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Can't see the wheels you chose on the works PC, what did you go for?

Rotiform blq'blq's.

tom, should hear mine, I did a backbox bypass and even Mrc etc said how good it sounds now! Driving through London yesterday entry through Kensington and there was a r8 at some lights revving his engine, I did the same and he then stopped revving :-D

gally hah :) some people have said similar, I'm going to Matt black the chrome around the windows and grills eventually and the door blades, will lower it soon as I'm in my new house too and do a full arm/bush replacement