ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Wheels

Having looked at my finances it looks as though Im going to be stuck with my 1.2 Clio for another year or so paying off the HP. Not good as I want something different but I may as well play with it while I have it. Im basically thinking of a new set of wheels... but I dont want anything that will effect its (used in a loose sense) performance. Would sticking another set of 15"s on it be stupid? I do quite fancy picking up a set of the Anthracite 182 wheels, how much can they be picked up for??

Also think that if I stuck new wheels on it I may as well drop it. If Im putting 16"s on... what sort of drop would I be wanting? Would 40mm all round still look like a 4x4??

Thanks for any input.

Ben

While Im still moaning about my car, without wanting to sound like a "chav" pikey here. I got an extra set of lights (standard) off a mate the other day to experiment with. There is black light paint apparantly which is £16 and just tints your lights a bit. Im not going to mod my car, just getting a bit bored with it and fancy colour coding it, dropping it, wheels and black lights.

OK. Thats modding it. I suppose. Damn.

I work for a parts place. Got bored the other day, bought some Silver Lexus lights purely because I couldnt be arsed to specify black, fitted them, didnt like them and sold them on to a mate pretty much what I paid for them thanks to a nice little discount.

Now got a spare set of standard lights knocking about. Will have to somehow search the site for his car now. Wish me luck.

Cheers mate.

OK then. Will do when I return from the pub. Any idea what sort of price Id be looking at from Renault for a set? Wouldnt need tyres as I can get them cheaper than most places.

Why is it everytime I get in my car I think of a different "subtle" thing to waste money on.

A well built VW

Also have a look at dutty_112 as well his is a nice example

You can have pics of mine if you want but its a ph1 lowered 30mm on 15s and gives a good ride