ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Windscreen.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Hi all,

first post, so be easy!

So i had my windscreen replaced because i there was a crack. Autoglass came around and installed a new one. However, i'm pretty sure that the scuttle panel rubber should fit flush with the windscreen but there is a gap. I spoke to th fitter but supposedly he already put it to the top clip available??? and it does not matter if there is a gap between the scuttle panel and windscreen. Is is true? surely water ingress could occur, or am I being too wary?

Another question, is it true that there is an accustic version and standard version of the windscreen?

BTW, it's a Clio MKII facelift 1.2

Thanks in advance! I may have rambled a bit too much and having reading over, not sure how much sense it makes.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
lol mine has pretty large gaps between the scuttle panel windscreen where the wings are. Who knows how long it's been like that 'cause it was there when I got the car. I've never had a problem with it.

I've had my windscreen replaced as well at some point and the guy never said it would cause any issues. He pointed out that my car is missing the pins that go into the wings so it can't clip in. I've bought them, but it's just finding the time and the good weather to put them in!

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Ok, thanks for the reply. The gap is mostly between the rubber bit of the scuttle panel and the windscreen itself. Please tell me how you get along with that when you come to fit it. Have you got the part number?

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
The only gaps that I have are at the very ends of the scuttle panel where the wings are. The middle section is fine so I'm not sure if it's exactly the same problem.

Anyway the part no of the pins is:

77 01 056 217

The pins go into the wings of the car so you can clip the scuttle panel in at the ends.

iceberg 172
he may not of put the sealer on thick enough mate to bring the height of the windscreen level with the scuttle. it wont hurt it though;)

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Thanks mickstoke!

Will a gap cause water to leak in? That's my biggest concern. As i've been investigating further, below the Renault print there is a stamp. The stamp looks like a arrow with an ear. What does that mean? i'm pretty sure it wasn't on my original piece.