ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xenon lights

A6 Avant BiTdi, Z4MR
Refreshing the lights on the 172 Cup. It had xenon fitted back in the day, so sticking with those. However having real issues with the Hella lights from Autodoc. Only 1 out of 5 has had the inner adjuster above the removable motor adjuster pushed together. I’ve tried everything to push them together but access is tricky and you can’t get to it to push directly.

Before I send this one back, any tricks I should try to get the ball into the cup?

Cheers.
C46F8B4A-328D-4225-AD1A-A8A5B95F05DF.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've repaired a few of the usual broken adjusters and I'd say if that ball is off then you're screwed. I had one that was off and couldn't save it without splitting the front of the headlamp off, which you obviously dont want to do on a new unit. Send it back.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Put some lube on the ball, then use a cheap micro screwdriver and bend the end at 90 degrees, use that to hold the back of the socket whilst you push the ball in. I've done a few, you just need to persevere .

A6 Avant BiTdi, Z4MR
Thanks. They are coming faulty like this from Hella, so really frustrating. This will the 4th one returned, with no guarantee the next will be ok. I’ll give the bent screwdriver a try but I don’t want to risk damaging it and then not being able to get a refund. There is an plenty of lube on. All because someone at the Hella factory isn’t doing their job.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Refreshing the lights on the 172 Cup. It had xenon fitted back in the day, so sticking with those. However having real issues with the Hella lights from Autodoc. Only 1 out of 5 has had the inner adjuster above the removable motor adjuster pushed together. I’ve tried everything to push them together but access is tricky and you can’t get to it to push directly.

Before I send this one back, any tricks I should try to get the ball into the cup?

Cheers.View attachment 1554827
The RIGHT HAND TRAFFIC means LHD and dips the wrong way