ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New xenon's protection

Trophy #491
Hi All,

I have just bought a pair of professionally pair of refurbished xenon's for my trophy

I'm looking for any tips to keep them in the best condition I can. Is there anything out there that can help me?

Cheers All :cool:

10341020004_713a725269.jpg

Picture 002 by sam.mercer93, on Flickr
10341046146_cee236c8ef.jpg

Picture 001 by sam.mercer93, on Flickr

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Can't see film being a great idea, but if you did wouldn't you want them as transparent as possible with no tint?

A traditional wax will provide a degree of protection, but to properly seal them for several years a sealant like GTechniq C4 would be ideal

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought the film would help to stop hazing, and if that hazed up you could just replace the film. I didn't know if you got clear film either so I just figured go for a really light tint, but I'd agree a proper sealant would probably be a better idea

Cup In bits
I would wager the op got fed a line by the seller and all they had was a buff up with a machine polisher.

Passat
They've just been 3M'd. They get knackered over time. Put nothing on them and just pay for a 3M kit every 5 years. Hardly a killer.

Cup In bits
Nah they have been done properly. Bought from a long term friend.

Interested to know whats involved though? All you can do is polish the plastic or spray them with lacquer which is stupid (IMO) and will need done 6 monthly to look good.