ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Zealand Shots (56k no)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
After my panoramic thread not getting slated i thought i'd sort through my holiday pics and show you guys some that i liked.

I went all over NZ, both islands, so if you want to know where anything is just ask. Also being a total n00b any hints on post production would be great as these are un edited.

CIMG0786.jpg

CIMG0952.jpg

CIMG0811.jpg

CIMG0850.jpg

CIMG0867.jpg

CIMG0943.jpg

CIMG1031.jpg

CIMG1095.jpg

CIMG0978.jpg

CIMG0980.jpg

CIMG1023.jpg

CIMG0986.jpg

CIMG1148.jpg

And a cheeky one of me on fox's glacier

CIMG0988.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Well you've made me want to go, so I guess that's as gooda praise as anything. :) Could tell they are hosted on Photobucket just by looking at them, but other than that it looks like you've definitely got an eye for some excellent photos.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers, think i need to get me a better camera though, wouldnt mind learning with a DSLR rather than point and click styleee!

Gyser was a fun place to be thats for sure, put the mud pools all the way around it stink!

Edit: Was hoping you'd see them skinny! So jealous you're going!

Ian, what makes it so easy to tell they're hosted on photobucket? I recently made a flikr account, but without paying you cant view full res only "large" and i find photobucket doesnt seem to mind?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Cheers, think i need to get me a better camera though, wouldnt mind learning with a DSLR rather than point and click styleee!

Gyser was a fun place to be thats for sure, put the mud pools all the way around it stink!

Still quite a good camera from what I can tell (Casio EX-P600 right?). They have their merits as well as drawbacks, but if you're serious about photography DSLRs are great fun. :approve:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How'd you find out what camera ian? I dont actually know, i'll have to dig it out and have a lookie!!!

It depends how far you are going to travel skinny, but milford sound is pretty amazing to see, i did a bungee jump off some stupidly big bridge which i would 100% recommend (although my legs have never shook more) my helicopter ride was insane, but that wasnt cheap, but the sheer size of the glacier was amazing, and if you get a chance to go to wellington, GO! Awesome city, awesome clubs, awesome people! (although windy) < the city, not the people!

Edit: Yeah thats the camera Ian, just got it out the wardrobe!

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Awesome pics! I spent 2 months there last year doing a similar thing and loved the place. Got plans to go back :)

Dude i'm there for 3 months with a car. To do what i want when i want. I'll see it all :)

Was the bungee jump in QT, my brother was telling me about one he did there and siad i have to do it, apparently it's the biggest in the world or something. Any other cities worth a hit or miss?

Ian

Focus TDCi
How'd you find out what camera ian? I dont actually know, i'll have to dig it out and have a lookie!!!

Edit: Yeah thats the camera Ian, just got it out the wardrobe!

:) I can peak at the EXIF data for the photos with a little plugin thing, comes in handy! Like I say, that type of camera is quite a good at producing consistently decent photos, but a dSLR would give you more options, but you can get through a lot of money if you're not careful!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah one of my mates has just got himself some insane new lense so i know it can be big bucks!! Sounds like a nice little plugin that Ian.

My bungee was in the same place i think skinny, my memory is just crap!!! Erm other cities, i really like auckland too but wasnt there for that long, definately a cool place though, Queenstown was probably my favourite place overall, couldnt get enough of it (or the hot ski instructors and randomly girls school/college staying there) wellington was a close second. Rotorua is the place with the gysers, its pretty damn cool too but the local mauri's are quite teritorial about their bars etc!

If your car is half decent its an amazing place to be driving, so much open road and so few speed cameras!

How are you doing it though? Like got work sorted out there? Staying where? Or is nothing sorted and you are going for it?

Would love to know details about cost and stuff too.. PM me if you want. Think i'll be going back in the next two years!

Edit: and oh yeah, as for a city to miss, there is a town near fox's glacier, can't remember the name of it, but it only has 1 resturant, 1 bar, a post office and a hotel, with one computer with internet, bit odd to say the least!

Erm, flights are £500 ish return, insurance on car isnt a must but i got 3rd party on a 2.0 civic for 200 or so for 3 months. Any other details you want?

Erm i'm working for a bit, got a job in the north island doing something and i've got money. Just spend what i need and make do. Yeah i hear queenstown is thee place to be and will base my self out of there for half the time, as i want to snowboard for 6 weeks or so, just party central apparenty, my thing!

Oh my brother was saying everyone out there does drugs and smokes up? This true? Also i hear crime/gangsters are like unexistant?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers for the details, i was just curious as to how you were doing it. What work are you doing?? And how did you find it?

Crime and gangsters being unexistant is spot on tbh, having stuff stolen or being beaten up/mugged just doesnt cross your mind. Mauri guys can get a bit lively, but as long as your a nice bloke so are they, if your being a complete tit, and getting to someone then they won't hesitate to chuck you out a bar but apart from that its all cool.

Quite a bit of weed out there yeah, specially in QT as its full of chilled out snowboarders, just the way i liked it tbh.

Spamming my own thread, damn!

It's your thread and it's about NZ. On topic tbh.

Erm my step dad has a lot of connections through his jobs, so has pulled in some favours to get me a job. But there are plenty of other ways. Ah can't wait. Going to be some of the best months of my life. Half of it will be spent being a chilled out border during the day and partying at night.

And i'm sure i'll do a big write up/pics when i get back/thought the trip with hints and tips once i've done it dude. So keep an eye out.