ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie!! 172 Idle speed

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi all,

I am currently having problems with my Clio 172, at start up it idles at almost 3000rpm,It has been left for a while but does not change. I am not sure if this is caused by the Idle Control Valve, or the throttle body,

Or are these one and the same.:eek:

any help would be greatly appreciated :dapprove:

thanks in advance

James

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sounds like an ICV problem to me.

mine did the same, you can take the ICV out of the body and clean it up first. lube the throttle cable and clean out the aperture while you're at it.

should be fine then.

EDIT - just seen yours is a Mk2...forget the cable comment in that case.

172 cup'd extreme
will be the brake servo pipe , become dislodged or split as you have a mk2 172 , its at the back of the inlet manifold black plastic pipe . on the mk2 there is no idle control valve as the TB is electronic

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just a bit confused, if the icv is electronic, it won'y be jammed or stuck in any way - is that correct,

I am just un sure how the brake servo pipe would affect this,

Apologies for questioning you I just want to get to know the car as best as I can

so is it still a case of taking the TB off and cleaning it ??:clown: :clown:

thanks

james

Evo Tommi Mak
brake servo takes a pipe from the inlet manifold to make it work. if that pipe is split it will draw air into manifold therefore uncontrollable idle