ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie... Bought a Sport 172 Cup

RenaultSport clio Cup 172
Just bought a 172 Cup... Not my first renault as i've always had Clio's. Started off with a 1.2 RN, had for 3 years, blew up twice.. had it rebuilt several times, upped it from 60hp to 95 hp (not a lot but it went quite well)..
Then bought an Impreza and loved it. Had 350 bhp so bought a Clio 1.4 as a run around. Got bored of the Impreza so sold it and kept the Clio for a bit. Again upped the power to round about 95hp.. Again not a lot. Still have that Clio but just bought the Cup 172 as have alwyas liked them. Time for the renault to push power to its limits.. Hopefully this forum will be very helpful to me as i know nothing about upgrading the 172 at all...

A bit about me.. Am very sporty.. Use to run for cheshire, then I was top 3 mountain bike downhiller in 1996 (not pro tho), then won a british powerlifting title and broke two british records. Nowadays I just work out and if I get more time, may possibly compete..

MINI JCW
Welcome to cliosport mate, and a good choice on the 172 cup.

As for tuning the engines it is not easy at all, and getting 200bhp out of them cost around 2.5k

welcome mate .............:race: sum good peeps will advice ya on wots good and wot not ...but enjoy ur cup ;)

RenaultSport clio Cup 172
Davehughes said:
welcome get some pics up !

Am going to mate, but as i'm at work and not at home, I can't at the min.. It's truly a beast tho, am loving it soo much..

And thanks for the welcomes guys..

Lee

BMW M2C
Welcome to ClioSport. Good to hear you are enjoying the Cup.

It's amazing how many ex Impreza owners swap to the Clio due to the lower running costs, but huge fun factor.:D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Warm welcome to Cliosport. As said above getting BHP inc> in a RS is difficult and offen not cost effective.

BenR and Hillpower have decent experience in this field.
Fred's ur man for suspension and Yozzasport is a good source of advice and parts.
R-Jay is ur man for cleaning.

Me and 16vClio just spam alot! lol

Welcome to the site.

Engles Mummy
Hello m8, welcome! I would say "I hope you enjoy your stay" but that’s a blatant lie, as you will dislike this club to the bitter end!

If you’re looking for modifications the only three I would recommend is -

Yozzasport
Mark Fish
BB performance

If you take your cup to one of these or all of these, they will transform it in to something biblical.

Take it easy

Adam