ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Ayr

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Hello, i'm Stuart from Ayr and i swapped my Saxo VTR for a Phase 1 172 last night. She is on a 2000 with 82200 now on the clock. I have always had a soft spot the Phase 1's, it's the front end. Just looks so good!! Well she is standard apart from a scorpion backbox. She is in good condition but needs a proper clean. Here are some photos...

IMG-20130109-WA0004_zps57fd3053.jpg

IMG-20130109-WA0005_zps2291a8fd.jpg

IMG-20130109-WA0006_zps735f59b0.jpg

IMG-20130109-WA0007_zps06751ffa.jpg

I like subtle but clean and i do have an slight ocd about cleaning cars. I am going to go to Cambuslang and get a machine polisher to get better results. She will be looking better when i next post up some photos. Hope everyone is well and comments and criticism welcome :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along Stuart, looks like a nice example! Titanium really suits the Phase 1's!

loads of Scottish members now!

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Thanks lads :) She looks ok but will look better once i have had some time on her. I think she will come up quite well. I do like them in titanium! The saxo was silver as well, hard to get a good shine from but it hides scratches too lol. Will need to fire along to a meet if you have them regularly. From what i have been reading so far, you are a good bunch on here so i think i will enjoy it :) I have signed up to be a member already as i think the guides and that will be quite useful!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the club, that steerig wheel looks like its in great condition :p

We are having a meet in Aviemore on the 24th of feb if your interested?

Liam.

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Thanks, i know Liam it's terrible but i know they are famous for it! Going to get it retrimmed, anyone know where does a good job? I was looking at them it will be a good drive up so i might come along and i do love my food. You wouldn't think it though, built like a racing snake lol

Exige V6 / Fiesta ST
Very nice. I love the PH1 Clios as you don't see many of them around these days. One was parked up near the office at work the other day and I had a good look around it. Like you say, give it a good detail and she'll be tip top :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha, i will stick your name on the list if you want?

Be allgood after a retrim! If you search for it in the search bar im sure a few threads will pop up!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Retrims. Pm the member Snappy.

Theres a couple of topics in Clio Media section with pictures of his work.

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Adam - I'm from Forehill mate, not far from Morrison's.

C8UER - You don't no, i think they are the best looking as well! A guy i worked with had one but but he ended up binning it :( It was really nice as well.

Liam - Yes haha! She will be good after i valet the inside, badly needs a hoover. Considering taking the seats out because i am that picky but yes after i get it retrimmed she will look 10x better. I have heard it is around £45 to get done.

Ben - Thanks, i will have a search mate