ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from northants

172 phase 1
Hi all,
I'd always fancied a ph1 go kart, love the front end!
Now I've just become the owner of a 172ph1 that I picked up this weekend, very cheap so I expected to have to do some bits & bobs to it, nothing major I hoped...
72k on clock, 700quid. A lot of bang for the buck methinks!
conked out on way back from collection, over a bump, engine cut out, dials & relays went crazy, oh dear I thought, legendary French electricals!! I've not investigated further but I got it home. I'm sure it's a connector or earth problem.
a few other niggles but the good thing is the engine is sweet & it goes like stink!
A few more things to do, leaky aerial, fan switch, seat levers etc.
let's see if I regret getting a cheapy, or if I continue to be a sport fan, watch this space!
some great info on here and I'll be whittling away a few hours here that's for sure!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Next village along from me - I'm in Irchester. Bound to see you driving about. What colour is the 172?