ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie In Basingstoke with a couple of questions

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
Hi Everyone,

Newbie in Basingstoke, just got myself a Black 182 Cup and loving the power!! Totally different delivery to my other car and so driveable.

I have a couple of questions however.

How sensitive are they to tyre choice/mixing as it has 2 completely different almost new front tyres and pulls a little, always left wether acceleratiing of braking?

Is there an electronic service and repair manual as the Clio Haynes manual does not cover the RS cars?

Also it has a strange whstling/metallic rattle above about 3500 rpm. I am thinking a heat shield rattling or small hole in the exhaust however any other ideas would be good?

Thanks Guys

Robin

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Cool, nice colour.

They do torque steer a bit, but I'd check the alignment, brake discs, pads and calipers for slight wear.

The electronic manual I use is dialogys. Put a request for it in the wanted section (after becoming a member) or try ebay.

The heat shields on mine were held in originally by rubbish screws. I got some new ones from Renualt that cost very little and were much better. If you get dialogys you'll get the part numbers.

As for the small hole, if it still has the original exhaust it will most likely fall off quite soon. Plenty of better, longer lasting alternatives are available (and it comes with a lifetime guarantee from Charlie at Prospeed in Cardiff which is where I bought mine).

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
Thanks rob, that's really useful I will have a gander this evening and see if I can find one as I think the rear wheels bearings need doing? Let the list commence!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
They are pretty sensitive when it comes to tyres. The general rule is never to mix and match. Does it have the standard Michelins all round?

As for the noise, the rear exhaust heatshield can rust around the original bolt and washer leaving the bolt and washer in place but with heat shield rattling around it. Bigger washers will clamp the heatshield down.....until it goes again that is!

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
I will investigate that area. The noise is only on acceleration so I am leaning toward an exhaust related issue...

No it doesn't. It has a pair of Avon ZZ3 (i think) on the rear and two different tyres on the front, neither of which I have heard of and look like economy jobbies. I think I am going to re-fresh all the tyres and see if this cures it. Does anyone have experience to Toyos on the car?