ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie in the house !! on the lookout for a 182...i think !

MK4 Golf GTI Turbo
Hi all,

Well might aswell introdeuce myself now as ill be posting soon :D The names Gaz or Gary...either or lol live up in sunny Aberdeen :cool: !!

It has only been today that I decided on buying a clio sport...was tempted by the civic type-r but I don't think it has as much as a fun factor as a clio sport. Its like I had a saxo VTR with 120bhp and the power to weight ratio was awesome total go-kart. Now currently driving a MK4 Golf GTI Turbo and even tho it has a higher BHP you can deff notice the acceleration difference and i dont like the heavy steering. So I want that fun factor back and reckon the clio sport can certainly deliver it just like the saxo did but more advanced !!

Now I have done countless searches today on here and can not find a spec list of the different models of the clio sport......all I know is;

172 - has 172 BHP
182 - has 182 BHP and centre twin exhaust
RS - WHAT IS THAT :eek:

Like is the differences between the models and what does "cup" mean ?? Also what colour options are there...I know there is: silver - racing blue - black - orange - yellow.....any others ??

Also does the headlight & windscree sencors come as standard on all sports (I mean the xenon headlights btw)

Please help a fellow newbie out....greatly appreciated :)

P.S. I will be selling my Golf GTI Turbo at the end of Jan to fund the clio, so if any 1 is interested in 1 or a px - pm me. Also pm me if you will be looking to sell your clio sport at the end of Jan.

Thanks all ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol no probs

Cup packed 182 is what you want.

Unless your proper extreme get the 172 cup

2005 Clio 182
I have a 182 for sale Gaz.

It's not got the Cup packs , but is in great order (31,000 miles) and going relatively cheap cause I just bought a new car. In Northern Ireland, but I can stick it on the boat.