ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie of suspension needing some help...

Renault Clio 1.2
hey guys, posted some pics up ealier of the car with its new alloys and many people said lower! LOWER! lol so going to take that up i think :D

To do this is it a matter of adding some new springs to your standard shocks/suspension or have you got to change the whole part? how much am i looking at to just get it lower, thats all i want. with my 1.2 handling isnt essential its just mainly aesthetically.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
you can just change the springs mate they cost in the region of £100-£130

M

mini-valver

If you go 60mm, I'd change the dampers too as the standards wont last long. 40mm you'll get away with on standard dampers, just dont expect the ride to be brilliant!

Go 60mm, you'll get bored of anything else pretty fast, I did and swapped to 60. You can put 60mm springs on without changing the shocks/dampers, but they'll wear out pretty fast. I'm just going to wait until mine are dead then get apex ones.

About 100 quid for 60mm apex springs btw, handles like a go kart lol

F56 MINI Cooper S
Go 60mm, you'll get bored of anything else pretty fast, I did and swapped to 60. You can put 60mm springs on without changing the shocks/dampers, but they'll wear out pretty fast. I'm just going to wait until mine are dead then get apex ones.

About 100 quid for 60mm apex springs btw, handles like a go kart lol
any idea how long the standard shocks/dampers will last with 60mm springs?

Renault Clio 1.2
well i want to get a polo gti next january so i cba to spend loads of money on it tbh. just want it presentable until i change.