ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie on 200s little advice please....

Clio 182
Hi guys
I have just sold my 197 to finance a 200 and thought I would ask for any advice....... Im keen on a proper cup model as these seem to be the ones people want eventually when people sell them on......
Can you give me any tips on what to look for? I had the 197 so usual cambelt gearbox etc I know about.......
Why do cups have keys instead of keycard as well??
Also on my 197 had 20mm hubccentrics all round, would you recommend this on a 200 cup to fill the arches or are they not needed....
Thanks guys for any help.... I have a budget of 8k
Steve

Nissan 350z
Just like 197's you can get 200s with Cup pack, or proper Cup's (badge on doors). Cups dont have keyless entry, hence the need for keys. I actually prefered my Audi style Cup flip key instead of the bulky keycard. Cup's also come with cloth interior, no climate control, black plastic door strips, wing mirrors etc.

For your budget I would prioritise trying to find Recaros, they are a desirable option and will help when it comes to selling later on.

As for things to look out for pay the gearbox the biggest attention. Check the gear change when cold and look for crunching between gears.

Clio 182
thanks mate......... I agree with key rather than keycard;...... lost one of my previous ones.......
The ones Im looking at have Recaros and nice ones not worn torn etc....... its a must.....
Any thoughts on hubcentric spacers for the 200??? 197 had 20mm ones and looked superb.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yep you don't want a cup.

you want a 200 with cup packs that's the base model - keyless entry / Climate control
plus
MINIMUM SPEC
Recaros
Cup chassis
Speedlines
Ideally
Cup or sprint spoiler -
projector lights

Avoids
High miles
GT spoilers
Anthricite pack

8k budget ok - especially around Xmas.

Clio 182
why dont I want a cup??? seen a few cups with extras..... im not bothered bout projector lights, keyless entry cruise control... Il ive in the Lake District and its a toy so I want something that is best suited to blasting round country lanes...... within the speed limits of course.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
well its only for resale--

Buy a cup then. still go for the extras.

Clio 182
mate wasnt being funny I really appreciate your comments..... and thank you... I just wondered if there was a bigger reason.... I know the dashes are plastciy in cups and black door strips but I like that.......
Any thoughts on spacers on the 200????????? 15m 20mm or leave as is.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There are a few ive seen with spacers that look great - however im not sure what width.
If I was buying a cup I would 100% ensure it had speedlines as they look pony without.
You could buy a cup with no recaros for 6k.

Clio 182
Yeah I agree bout the speedlines they look awesome. .. just be nice to know which spacers are the best size to fill the arches on 200s

Clio 182
Ok thanks mate.... also which is the espace year that the wheels fit to keep for a spare... had one for my 197 but left it in when I sold it.... Dohhhh. .. Or any other cheap alternative as a spare...

LY 200 EDC LUX
I've just got rid of mine. I had a GW 200 with cup chassis, speedlines and recaros. The recaros are a MUST. I'd deffo give the actual 'cup' a miss. Even my 200 with cup chassis was a bone-shakingly hard ride, I dread to think what the 'cup' is like. Unless you spend your entire life on track, you arent going to notice the difference between the 'cup' and cup 'chassis', but you will notice the difference in the summer when you dont have air con. I also think the 16's look utterly pants, as does the stick-on cup spoiler, but that's personal preference I guess! I'd also try and get one with the sat-nav. I looked for ages for one with sat nav, bought one without, then a week later one came up! Doh!

Clio 182
I'm a little confused about the wheels now... so speedlines are the 5 spoke ones or the other type ones???? Sorry just unsure as to which wheels people are talking about...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I've just got rid of mine. I had a GW 200 with cup chassis, speedlines and recaros. The recaros are a MUST. I'd deffo give the actual 'cup' a miss. Even my 200 with cup chassis was a bone-shakingly hard ride, I dread to think what the 'cup' is like. Unless you spend your entire life on track, you arent going to notice the difference between the 'cup' and cup 'chassis', but you will notice the difference in the summer when you dont have air con. I also think the 16's look utterly pants, as does the stick-on cup spoiler, but that's personal preference I guess! I'd also try and get one with the sat-nav. I looked for ages for one with sat nav, bought one without, then a week later one came up! Doh!

No 197's or 200's came with 16 inch wheels so i'm not sure what you are on about there.

Nissan 350z
I'm a little confused about the wheels now... so speedlines are the 5 spoke ones or the other type ones???? Sorry just unsure as to which wheels people are talking about...

Standard alloys look like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/5789976539_06bb60a972_z.jpg
Optional extra Speedlines look like:
Renault_Clio_17__4b9e1ff381c5c__34393_zoom.jpg

Clio 182
Looked at that already but 2 different codes for glacier white on e bay for renault. . Just wanted to get correct one...

Don't know if your still looking but I've just put my 200 Cup up for sale. Mint condition isn't the word to describe and pretty much every option ticked including A/C. Ebay item 291358592016