ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D90

Ford Focus ST2
I am thinking of getting a Nikon D90, this well be the first digital SLR camera i would have owned, i currently have a nikon coolpix p3, put it to auto mode and take the pictures LOL!

The reason i want to get the nikon D90 is because me and angela are getting marraged in august this year and want to get some really good picture, also for the honeymoon too! Is the D90 and easy camera to use? I have seen a few pictures taken with it and i have been blown away!

Any help and advice would be good!

Its going to be this with this lens

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...kon/D90 18-105mm VR Lens Kit-75332/Show.html

Rob

D90 is an expensive starting point and probably not the easiest for a 1st timer.

I would consider the D40 and some more lenses.

Also, surely you'll be concentrating on saying "I do" as opposed to clicking with your camera! lol..

Ford Focus ST2
i have had a little experience with slr camera's my bother has the d50!

I wanted the get the D90 because of the gp-1 (the gps addon!)

mk5 fiesta zetec s
iam goin to get a d90 or something similiar in september. i have got a d40 now and it is perfect for a first slr, still get some fantastic shots and you will learn what settings to change for every type of shot.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I am thinking of getting a Nikon D90, this well be the first digital SLR camera i would have owned, i currently have a nikon coolpix p3, put it to auto mode and take the pictures LOL!

The reason i want to get the nikon D90 is because me and angela are getting marraged in august this year and want to get some really good picture, also for the honeymoon too! Is the D90 and easy camera to use? I have seen a few pictures taken with it and i have been blown away!

Any help and advice would be good!

Its going to be this with this lens

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...kon/D90 18-105mm VR Lens Kit-75332/Show.html

Rob

A good camera does not equal good photo's ! it just helps ;)

GPS is a cool (if expensive) add-on. HD Video is a nice feature as well, the quality is stunning although I've not used it as much as I thought I would (best on a tripod, which I never use)

The D90 does retain the clever '?' feature on all the menu items to show you what everything does, and still has the usual PASM and Scene Modes, so in reality it's not actually going to be much more complex than a D40. Probably not worth spending the extra on a first camera though, D40 will be more than enough.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
when i upgrade from my d40 what is the next camera up from the d90? and is the d90 the best in the price range ( i want to stick with nikon)cheers

when i upgrade from my d40 what is the next camera up from the d90? and is the d90 the best in the price range ( i want to stick with nikon)cheers

It goes like this (roughly)...

Crop: D40 >> D5000 >> D90 >> D300 >> Full Frame: D700 >> D3 / D3X

D90 would be the next logical step, basically carries the same equipment as the D300 but lacks the metal weather-sealed body.

Ford Focus ST2
thanks for your help guys, think i well be able to get the hang of it, so i think i will go for the D90, as greendots says, i will not outgrow it!

182 & Porsche 986
if you have used the d50 and have got used to it then yes i'd say a d90 would be a good choice if you can justify spending that much on a camera. i went from a d50 to a d80.
Like someone said above though, a more expensive camera does not mean better shots it's how you take them, equally good ones can be done on say a d40.