ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, with problems

172 cup
Hi everyone, I've recently purchased a silver ff 182 and love it to peices wanted one since I had my 1.2 for my first car,

The only problem is it has a vary rough idle even when warm and the battery and stop light pulse whilst idling, I've had the battery and alternator checked and they seem to be fine, so I'm lost and hoping for some ideas before I go spend a fortune at a garage,

The second problem is I have a weird tick/click sound coming from what sounds like under my glove box that is frustrating the hell out of me lol,

Look forward to meeting some of you at the upcoming French car show and sport Saturday events coming up

Thanks jack

172 ph1, r5, clio16v
Had a megane in the other week with a similar problem, unplug the small plug on the back of the alternator see if this smooths out the idle.
Also check battery connections are tight and clean, then go through the earths on the engine block and the shell cleaning and greasing as you go. Sounds like an earthing fault or an alternator starting to pack in.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Relays under the glovebox .. Wait til it's clicking and then put your finger on them to find out which one it is. Once you've physically located it, you can work out what it is for. I ink they're the same so swap two out and see if the noise moves or stays. Relays are about a few quid from Renault or RS (radioshack) online.

172 cup
Brilliant I will check that plug on the alternator tomo and let you know how it goes

I will also have a look at those relays too, are the easy enough to change

Cheers jack

172 cup
Brilliant I will check that plug on the alternator tomo and let you know how it goes

I will also have a look at those relays too, are the easy enough to change

Cheers jack

172 cup
I tried to get that plug off of the alternator but there was nooo budging it!!, how will I tell what it is if I take it off?
Cheers jack