ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 FF
Hi just wondering if you can help me, i'm new to the site:D , just sold my GTI6 and left the club and buyin a P1 172 tomo, i've noticed on the sill plates that they state 'renault clio, No 103, does this mean anything, limited edition, its a W reg 2000 model if that helps.
I hope you can help

182 FF
Cheers Rob, Ive been an avid GTI6 club member for some time, but after a few beatings I knew it was time to change, just don't know a whole lot about the 172 clios though yet. Can't wait to pick it up:)

Bumblebee
is it green? Then it is a 172 exclusive, as there were 172 made.

I used to have a 306 Rallye. Welcome to the club.

Is it green?
If so then its the limited eidtion exculsive Phase 1 172 only 172 were ver made each with numbered plaques.

182 FF
Its silver in colour, maybe its nothing, just the fact that it gave a number made me think it might be a limited edition or sumthin, its only done 36K so i can have sum fun in it without worrying bout the mileage piling on

182 FF
Image493[1]_1.jpg

Hope this pic helps if I get it to work:S

Damm, i'll try again

182 FF
Also is there a buting guide on here some where, I've done a search but can't seem to find anything comprehensive

172 Exclusive #114
Sounds like an Exclusive, I've got #114. It's got the door sill numbering you mentioned. It's also got the following features:

Full Leather Interior - It's a kind of light gray colour.

CD Multi-changer - It lives under the drivers seat.

BBS Alloys - They're multispoke, unlike the OZs that came on other Ph1 172s. Now, in the Renault press pics I've seen these have BBS centre caps, but mine are Renault :S

Scarab Green - They only came in this colour. If yours is silver it's either been resprayed or it's a ringer.

I thought they only made the Exclusive in 2001, as this edition was produced to mark the end of production of the Mk2 Ph1 Clio, but I'm not totally sure.

Best way to be sure if it is or not is do a HPI check, you can do a basic check on the RAC website I think, just means you can check the Reg.

Personally I don't think these should command a higher price, as the changes are nothing fancy. (I.e. It's not the Ph1 172 version of the Trophy) So don't let the seller shaft you just because "It's an Exclusive..."

:approve:

Last edited:
  182 FF
I forgot to mention that the car i'm buyin is a Cat D damaged. It only has 36k, and from the pics of the steering wheel and seats its immaculate, it had a bump on the rear quarter:rolleyes: , but you can't tell. I've negociated a price of 3200 for it. What do you all think? The guy i'm buyin it off had no idea till I hpi checked it.
Any comments would be appriciated. Do I buy it or not? Am i geting a decent deal?

172 Exclusive #114
I'd love to be able to give you buying advice but I'm useless! That's a good price, but the milage seems very low for the age of the car. Mine's a 2001 Y and it's got 65K on it, I paid 4500 from a dealer with 2 years full warranty if that gives you any idea.

There's a few guides on here, I guess all I can say is have another search.

182 FF
Thanks for that. I just keep getting a niggling feeling about it all. But my bro's a vehicle sprayer an knows his stuff. He assures me its not a huge thing to worry about but obviously detracts from the value.
Just have to wait an see:banghead: