ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie!

Hi, I'm new here and new to the Clio world...

actually, I don't own a clio, but I'm buying one for my girlfriend so will be on here with all the work that's done one it...

I've bought a 1.2 Campus Sport off a friend of mine which has a few little bits on it which look rather nice, this is the only picture I have of it I'm afraid

I haven't actually bought it yet, will be getting it Friday and will have some updates then

14y3.jpg

It needs some work... Cam belt is overdue, new front tyres, exhaust mount and some rear bumper work.

One thing I'm confused with us where the exhaust is from as I've never seen the twin exits on a 1.2 before.

Unfortunately the part of the bumper which the exhaust attaches to has broken, and I was thinking does a 172 bumper fit easy enough to these? All be it cutting the exhaust cut outs

It's obviously had a replica 182 exhaust put on as well as the 182 wheels. Not the worst I've seen by far but yes a 172 bumper would fit straight on. :)

TT QS
It could be a custom exhaust but it could just be the one ktec do. A 182 bumper should fit on. Looks good though. Enjoy it

If you get a 172 bumper you'll have to have it cut out for the exhaust pipes, or see if you can get a 182 one.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Measure the gap between the tips and put it up here and I'm sure one of us with a 182 can measure the gap between ours to give you a slightly better indication of whether a 182 bumper will fit :)

If not then as said buy a 172 one and cut it yourself.

Car looks pretty nice btw I like it.

I've had the bumper off and sorted out the bracket that holds it so its sorted now... Was going to replace the bumper as it had cracked on the back where the exhaust bracket was held and the exhaust rattled but its okay now

Took a few photos of the work I've been doing to it...

fitted a new cambelt and water pump as it was 10k over due, and had a seriously clean! Got some new interior for it as the seats were beyond recovery!

f479.jpg

tfrq.jpg

xy2b.jpg

kluw.jpg

11hb.jpg

Waiting on an air filter before I fit the air box

Now for the inside

pe3c.jpg

h08l.jpg

e59w.jpg

kls2.jpg

7tpx.jpg

llze.jpg

ncwc.jpg

Still got lots more to do... Interior needs more cleaning, all the dash and trim needs doing, 2 front tyres and pads and tracking, new heater dials as the previous owner picked at them, and a well needed service! Been reading up on fuel filters and apparently they aren't like normal ones?

Haha, I have OCD when it comes to keeping cars clean!

I I don't like the way the subs been wired in so all that's coming out as well

Almost finished, so far she's had,

Cam Belt
Water Pump
Full Service
Brake Pads
Front Tyres
New Seats (front and rear)
Full interior shampoo
and minor interior detailing...

all thats left to do now is finish off the interior and then start on a full detail on the outside!

ue73.jpg

uwtn.jpg

Nice turnaround, interior looks great now! Under the bonnet looks great too, if you get a new bottle under there it'll look like new :)

Nice turnaround, interior looks great now! Under the bonnet looks great too, if you get a new bottle under there it'll look like new :)

Thanks! Has been some hard work! 6 days of full grafting... Dad worked on it every morning then when I got back from work I carried on the work, so its been non stop everyday.. Here are the final outside shots after a detailing session...

ignore the scuff on the bump strips, will get them changed another time

cpti.jpg

lxvj.jpg

uvym.jpg

xovc.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I like that, even the exhaust looks good as its not trying to be a 182 so much as inspired by a 182

good work on cleaning it up as well, looked a right state when you bought it inside/engine bay.

Looks properly clean! I'd maybe get an RS grille for it, I know that it's a pretty common mod to do, I reckon they look good tbh.

Thanks guys! What's the RS grill? I don't know much about mods for Clios, I'm a Vauxhall guy :)

Yea the sport badge is gone, well, the lad before me took it off but left the glue, so it all came off during the detailing...

got it a few pictures of the inside... Just need a new heater control panel and its done!

jzm5.jpg

k3se.jpg

71j9.jpg

Plus, she smells so good inside now... You couldn't possibly imagine the smell before! 18 months of smoke, weed and dirt!

The RS grill is the one that came on the 172 / 182's. I think they are about £45 from the dealers (well they were a fair while ago)