ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newby picked up 464/500 yesterday

RenaultSport clio Trophy
hi all

alfter a long wait finally my trophy arrvied yersterday 464/500 and im loving it

can not wait till few more miles on it, to take it on track :D

RenaultSport clio Trophy
no not kerbed a wheel yet, normally keep my wheels mint,

yep loving the clio at the mo and is keeping me entertained till my other project is finished after x-mas,

what sort of mpg the 182 do as using it as daily driver

cheers andy

BMW M3
I think Mitchzxr was refering to the 182 as being a tripod. "Cocking a wheel up when cornering due to the high levels of grip" Inside back.... youve got to love a bit of that c*ck action..lol

Black/Gold 182
I get around 32 mpg on the trip computer rising up to about 37 mpg on motorways. However, if I calculate the mpg based on the mileage and amount of fuel I put in, then it always seems a bit worse than the trip computer would have you believe.

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah trophy owners love the c**k action! lol. uh huh they like to tripod it on roundabouts at 50-60 I think.

Turbo Beige
I do about 100 motorway miles a day comute and i can get 40mpg dropping to about 36 if im in a hurry! 182 with both cup packs.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
not had chance for a good luck at inside of mine but guessing the trophy dont have a trip computer?

Lee

BMW M2C
andy_dea said:
not had chance for a good luck at inside of mine but guessing the trophy dont have a trip computer?

It does. Press the button on the end of the right hand stalk. You get average MPG, miles since last fill up, to next fill up, average speed etc.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
ah just read the ren sport site and says trophy has a trip computer, any tell me how u activate it guess it comes up on the centre dash display

cheers A

RenaultSport clio Trophy
lol cheers lee beat me 2 it,

think ill have a good play about tonight and give it its first wash 2 :)

having not really pushed my motor to the limit much (yes i am a big sad poof for not doing so) i was wondering how you know the back wheel has lifted off the ground?

There was one moment when ripping round a corner that i felt the front end slide a bit then the grip seemed to kick in a fraction of a second later. Is this a sign of a nice cocked wheel?

Or is it just a simple feeling that the back end lifts, something you cant fil to notice?

Ta

Lee

BMW M2C
5.jpg

I could feel it happen a lot more in the 182, it's such an obvious feeling in the Trophy.

Just about got it up here at Oulton Park.

Lee said:
5.jpg

I could feel it happen a lot more in the 182, it's such an obvious feeling in the Trophy.

Just about got it up here at Oulton Park.

Lee do you feel the front end slide a bit ? Probably understeer i think is what i mean.

E91 M Sport
The tighter the corner, the easier it is to 'c**k it up'. The front will grip hard, and the back will feel very light indeed...slight bit of lift-off mid corner should guarantee success.

Or a big crash.

miketheman2k said:
The tighter the corner, the easier it is to 'c**k it up'. The front will grip hard, and the back will feel very light indeed...slight bit of lift-off mid corner should guarantee success.

Or a big crash.

lift off mid corner weight transfer to the front giving the front that wee bit more grip? is that the theory of cornering in FWD cars? Thinking about it its got to be the opposite of RWD init? yes ? no? I find myself thinkng about this guff on the way to work, sitting on the pan etc etc. sad c**t of what

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wan82 said:
lift off mid corner weight transfer to the front giving the front that wee bit more grip? is that the theory of cornering in FWD cars? Thinking about it its got to be the opposite of RWD init? yes ? no? I find myself thinkng about this guff on the way to work, sitting on the pan etc etc. sad c**t of what

Yup, it's ALL about weight transfer. Just be careful with the back, they're a bit agile to say the least. Get progressive tyres on it though, and you can play with them to your hearts content :D

MarkCup said:
Yup, it's ALL Get progressive tyres on it though, and you can play with them to your hearts content :D

what are these? i'm not going to rush out and buy them but curious as to what they are. mine have only done 2000miles so theres a long way to go b4 some new boots are the order of the day.

An orange one
andy dea..are you another ex ssc member?

recognise the name, u had the azzuro novolu saxo on 19's didnt you? I used to be scottishsaxo on there (custom wide arches/skirts and kit and chromes etc)

if not then this will sound like nonsense :p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wan82 said:
what are these? i'm not going to rush out and buy them but curious as to what they are. mine have only done 2000miles so theres a long way to go b4 some new boots are the order of the day.

I'll doubtless get flamed for saying so, but Yokohama A539's are great for playing around on the limit. I've done 40k on them (not one set though LOL) and they're predictable, progressive, never snap, and relatively cheap.

They handle all the abuse you can throw at them on a trackday without shedding treadblocks, and no matter how hard you drive, they wear evenly and handle temperature with no problem.

Trouble is, they are truly shite in the wet, no grip whatsoever. But if you focus on being smoooooooooooooth, you should get along with them just fine.

MarkCup said:
I'll doubtless get flamed for saying so, but Yokohama A539's are great for playing around on the limit. I've done 40k on them (not one set though LOL) and they're predictable, progressive, never snap, and relatively cheap.

They handle all the abuse you can throw at them on a trackday without shedding treadblocks, and no matter how hard you drive, they wear evenly and handle temperature with no problem.

Trouble is, they are truly sh*te in the wet, no grip whatsoever. But if you focus on being smoooooooooooooth, you should get along with them just fine.

are they slick(ish) type tyres?

i have seen some slick tyres on an elise . the tread (or slits) were almost non exsitent more of a token gesture really.

Lee

BMW M2C
Wan82 said:
are they slick(ish) type tyres?

i have seen some slick tyres on an elise . the tread (or slits) were almost non exsitent more of a token gesture really.

You are thinking A048Rs most likely.

A539s are just a normal road tyre.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
meggerman said:
would a cup with H&R `s still c**k a wheel or would it c**k even more ?

I'd say it would depend on how stiffly sprung/damped you have the front.

Look at my picture above, soft at the front with normal ride height, HUGE shift of weight as you turn and force the mass to the outside front wheel, then relatively stiffly sprung rear has no choice but to pick the inside wheel up.

If what you're going to fit makes front more similar to back, it might dig in just the same at the front as mine did, but if it doesn't roll as much, you'll probably not get the rear up!

Does that makes sense?

2005 Impreza WRX STI
alright andy long time no see fella! i was just going to ask about the gti! dean said u had one! what happened to the supercharged engine?

An orange one
is that the charcoal coloured one...thats a beastie, gorgeous colour and workmanship, whould be stunning when its done! good work!
i left my modifying behind with the saxo (lost £18k) :( now on track for a V6 early 2006 woohoo!!! :D:D

Guy sleeman is on here too did you know?