ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newgroups

Audi S1
As above...

Is anyone part of a newsgroup, like to download stuff... i download torrents but i heard this is a lot quicker?

can anyone give me any good sites to join ?

Clio 172mk2
newsleecher with supersearch

and a news server like new deamon , theres a few about but just google them

Monaco 172
i signed up to astraweb, 13quid ish for 120gb, no time limit, and use grabit to donwload the NZBs and newzleech to search for them!...speeds of 750kbs at best

I use grabit, and the virgin media new server. Obviously I dont download copy written material though, but I am told what you do download from these servers cannot be tracked

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the safest option is a newsgroup account which supports SSL, that's what I use with Giganews.

Im using Grabit to download and Suoernews as my server, but recenently having the connection timeout error a lot - anyone have any idea on this?

335i M SPORT!!!!
i pay £12 for and unlimited newzdemon account, been with them over a year, max's out my 20mb virgin connection....

Clio 172mk2
i pay £12 for and unlimited newzdemon account, been with them over a year, max's out my 20mb virgin connection....

same here , odd time its slow / down but not often

speeds of 2.1mbs max but usually average 1.6-1.8 untill virgin add there cap of 600ksec lol

but for sake of 8-13 quid depending on xchange rate worth it i find

supersearch on newsleacher is best thing thats come out in a while ,

news servers aint the easiest thing to use but newsleacher in some cases can self extract / repaire you downloads leaving a newbie with the avi etc he was after

dk

911 GTS Cab
I used to use these but now I use rapidshare, about a fiver a month unlimted download at unlimited speed.

Last edited:
  Audi S1
ooo cheers :)... i use utorrent atm and i get downloads of 800-900kbps... is newgroups faster?

qnd also whats available... tv seris, games?

Last edited:
I'm with newsdemon. I pay £7 quid a month for a 30gb lint and 90 days retention. I pay via paypal. I use newsrover to download as it came free with the service. For nzb I use newzleech. No point paying to search for stuff and download. I'm only on a 3meg line and downloading via torrents used to take days especially for large files (probs because I used public trackers), however newsgroups have been so much quicker and easier to use IMO.

Audi S1
im a heavy downloader so ill go 4 the ulitmate package any way :)

Is any thing available to download from news groups... Music, dvds, p**n, games i want it all ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Giganews, unlimited downloads, 200+ day binary retention + max's out my 20mbit connection.

FOCUS ST 275
im a heavy downloader so ill go 4 the ulitmate package any way :)

Is any thing available to download from news groups... Music, dvds, p**n, games i want it all ;)

Yes, everything.

Software, p**n , DVD's (Full with menu) usually a img which you then burn, avi files, mp3s.

I use Giganews with a cracked Newsleacher and newzbin for finding the files to downolad.

WinRAR (Cracked) to extract the stuff.

I think for p**n you use xxxnewzbin or somthing similar.

Audi S1
So everyone reccommends Giganews... ?

(its american site so it dont matter yer?)

Im looking and doing it right now... lol

I'm using astraweb. It was some special offer £11 a month i think for unlimited everything.