ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newly converted 2.0 16v

LY 200

Right as some of you know i recently exchanged my 1.8 16v lump for a williams lump and finally got to give it a quick once over tonight after havin it for a week and abit but not getting to use it due to holiday so thought id take some new pics aswell!!!

Going wheel hunting the weekend so thats my next change then possibly some better stoppers after that!!!

Not the best pics as the only lighted place i could find was the local morrison garage but theyl do....:)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Jay16v/jamie011.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Jay16v/jamie013.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Jay16v/jamie009.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Jay16v/jamie014.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Jay16v/jamie015.jpg

LY 200

Think its lots of light reflecting more than anything mate....But like i said quick 5 minute photos!!!

Il take some better ones when i find some new rims!!!

LY 200

Riche im thinking of some turinis mate but its findin a good conditioned set!!!

Anybody know what they go for brand spankin?

Mk1 16v

New i would imagine around 550-600 mark

im sure there is a set for sale in others for sale

nice one fella, who did the conversion ?
how long did it take to find a willy engine ?

turinis all the way !!!!

Car looks nice as always.

LY 200

Cat TeamThink did the conversion for me and i was lucky as they had a 45k williams engine ready for me too so a post on here in the wanted section and a few days later id found the engine!!!

Runs soo much smoother than my old valver lump......Normal driving and it still feels quicker......Havnt given it top stick at all but on the couple of blasts iv had it had loads more to give!!!

Im thinkin turinis but its finding some goodens, otherwise il need to go new and i dont think there gonna come too cheap with good tyres!!!

AJR id love to keep the 17s as no 15s or 16s will make the car look as nice as it does but i keep thinking im really restricting the performance as i did with the standard valver lump in!!!

Cheers for the comments btw.......

LY 200

f**kabout, that is expensive for 16s and a little more than iv got spare at the mo!!!

Joel i couldnt deck it anymore really mate......Its already down 60mm!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nice car mate! Wish i still had my black valver! :(

Really dont know what to make of the 17s on it now. Dont know if i like them or not?!

Anyhow, if ure changing them turunis are the only way to go! If not white 16" Speedline Chronos! :D

LY 200

Tom i was gonna sell the car a few months back until the gearbox went tits up and im now thinking that was the best thing that could have happened as would have regretted it......Im lovin it even more now the 2.0s in, its a totally different drive!!!

Dunno about your old one but mines a b**ch to keep clean.......Looks good when its clean though!!!

Clarkie i love the wheels.......Wanna keep them but im still in 2 minds and swaying towards the smaller wheels......Im at least gonna see whats out there the weekend!!!

Vee dub

Nice one mate, bet she flies!

Not liking the wheels though, bet itll look great with diferent ones. Id go for 15/16s.

LY 200

leeds 182, i was thinking of some of them but not too sure on the black on black look!!!

LY 200

I know they are big mate but they do fill the arches and seem to go well with the 60mm drop!!!

Was out in it for a while tonight and im still pretty happy with the performance from rolling at say 20mph.....Will probably be a killer from standing though i guess!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

I must say when i look at valvers with standard wheels on here now i think they look nice. But when i had my 17s and put my standards back on i hated it!

Although it was much faster!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so is the performance really that different then

i am probably changing my wheels this week, standard valver wheels are not that nice....but sometimes i really like them...i am personally going for 15s...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

does look mint jay

so is the performance really that different then

i am probably changing my wheels this week, standard valver wheels are not that nice....but sometimes i really like them...i am personally going for 15s...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its weird! Going from 15s to 17s u wont notice it but the other way round and you do!

It just pics up quicker through the revs. Doubt ud notice 16s with low pros at all!

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Thats looking mint mate - I think the 17s look mean, but agree that a set of smaller wheels will probably suit it better, itll also make it that touch more subtle... Turinis will look cool...

LY 200

Id say it was mate, picks up and gos through the rev range alot better than the valver engine id say and always seems to have alot more......No more waiting for or dropping a gear to hit 4k as it seems to be good from 2k onwards.....My old 1.8 seemed to get 70/80mph pretty fast then afetr that slowed up abit but the 2.0 keeps goin!!!

With the valver it was 7k all the time but with this iv been happy changing at 6k without fast gearchanges and it still feels alot better!!!

Must admit when people said about 2.0s being better in the past, iv always thought ok 13bhp more cant be too much in it but for some reason it is better allround and feels better to drive too!!!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 12 July 2005

Its weird! Going from 15s to 17s u wont notice it but the other way round and you do!

It just pics up quicker through the revs. Doubt ud notice 16s with low pros at all!
So Tom your thinking the same as me then..........I was thinking if im gonna get rid of the 17s to do it properly il need some 15s!!!

Its just finding 15s that look as nice as they go......Anybody any ideas on afermarket 15s?

Not really a fan of standard valver rims or williams rims tbh!!!