ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newman cams

172 Cup
Has any body had any experience of these in a 2litre clio?
I know they have a good reputation as a company and have seen them used on other cars, but wants peoples thoughts on them?

RS RIP
No one uses 'em , or i might have missed something. Go for Cat or when you want to spend some more Colombo&Bariani or Schrick !

Audi TT 3.2 V6
No one uses 'em , or i might have missed something. Go for Cat or when you want to spend some more Colombo&Bariani or Schrick !

Cat and Schrick were the brands most people used when i was looking into getting cams.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
we use them alot for other engines, yet to fit a set in the clio 172/182, good cams tho, waiting for a set to come in so we can do some testing on our 172

172 Cup
everyone uses catcams becuase they just see people talking about them all the time.

when are you going to be testing them?

172 cup
last time i looked into newman cams and spoken to them they are regrind cams and not made from billet like catcams the regrind apprently take the case hardening layer off the cams

Matty

E39 M5 & Corsa track
matty172cup, they do both regrind and billet cams, i will find out a lead time of the cams off them now, then get them tested.

We use them over anything else now, they do some nice one off stuff for our supercharged duratec engines and again for my 16xe vauxhall engine.

As soon as i have some news i shall let you know