ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Clio Gets its own iPad! (sort of)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Is that similar to the one than Dave looked at for the BMW, Tom?

Not sure who made it but looked fantastic.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Meh, iPad or go home imho ...

6286618515_0fda6caa33.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Brilliant idea.

Banging opportunity for some young developers out there to get their work used.

Mercedes
There getting there my new megane has google with live services from trip advisor and Expedia

White clique
I can see it being a massively high priced option! But this sort of gadget is amazing though, got similar in mine and it really is very nice to be able to read news fresh from reuters or have the car read it out to me, get google street view live images of my sat nav location or destination, watch DVDs, etc etc.

That would be amazing.

Looks the business aswell.

I imagine the option itself would cost a lot than a iPad would.

I'd tick it lol I'm sure in the blurb parrot mentioned they already use TomTom live I expect its a hybrid get a move on Renault I want a Clio :eek:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Nice idea but I'd much rather they put their time and effort into making a 3 door version of the next model.

Let me be the first to say that voice recognition in a car is s**t. I have it, and I can do everything with my hands quicker. In-car Siri might be alright though lol.

But yeah, that does seem pretty cool. Although fiddling with it while driving is probably more dangerous than lighting a cigarette?

EDIT: Reading the bit about innovation, are Renault trying to say they are pioneering touch screen and voice recognition systems in cars? Not taking anything away from this, because it seems cool, but my perception of their wording is they invented it. It's not new. Unless I'm missing something about it, which is entirely plausible.

Last edited:
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Please don't, you'll only get your arse handed to you. Even Adobe is dropping Flash mobile support.

Its the 'closed off' aspect of iOS I was refering to, not the actual support for flash. Android lends itselft better in the 3rd party development world...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
*sigh* right back at you! lol.

I have nothing against Apple mobile devices, they are very good at what they do. But Android based mobile devices are also very good at what they do and I think its not a fair comment to say no-one will buy it just because its not iOS! My original point was that Android is also very good and is prefered by a lot of people (including myself).

Listerine & Poledo
Integrating tablets and smartphones should be the main development for in-car systems and entertainment, IMO. Although mainly for smaller, cheaper, mainstream models.

Your S-class et al can rock on with their in-car wi-fi and big-screen displays. But for an up! or a Twingo sized machine, why not just have a dock and an accredited "app" from the manufacturer that plugs into the ECU. Would free up dash space and allow for greater functionality all in one.

win win?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Integrating tablets and smartphones should be the main development for in-car systems and entertainment, IMO. Although mainly for smaller, cheaper, mainstream models.

Your S-class et al can rock on with their in-car wi-fi and big-screen displays. But for an up! or a Twingo sized machine, why not just have a dock and an accredited "app" from the manufacturer that plugs into the ECU. Would free up dash space and allow for greater functionality all in one.

win win?

+1, I like the sound of this!

Ph2 Clio 172
I read somewhere that Tomtom is being developed for Android (but will be stupidly expensive)

TomTom has been 'in development' for Android for about 2 years with very little from TomTom about progress. Something is holding it up, and I doubt very much its a technical issue.

For them to confirm this has TomTom in it, It would be fairly safe to say its not Android.