ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next service, what to be done?

Clio Sport 172
Had my 172 ful serviced approx 10500 miles ago,oil,filters,brake fluid,air con re-gas,plugs etc...now the 12000 mile service interval is aproaching, what do I need to have done at this service? Do you do your own servicing on your sports?

S3, Polo
K-Tec say this:

12,000, 60,000 or 96,000 mile service. For: CLIO 172/182 (ALL MODELS) £109 + vat Consisting of the following:
Oil and oil filter change using fully synthetic 5w-40 oil, cabin filter change, full car inspection and report.
Plus, our standard service points as follows:

• Check front and rear screen wash/wiper functions (including blade condition), also windscreen condition and rear view mirrors.
  • Check seat belt mountings and operation
  • Check all internal and external lights and horn
  • Test alarm/immobilizer (where fitted)
  • Anti-corrosion check-vehicle bodywork
  • Check condition of front brake pads and discs
  • Check condition of rear pads and discs/drums
  • Drain engine oil
  • Check condition and mounting of exhaust system
  • Check condition of gaiters and any play in ball joints, steering and drive shafts
  • Check for oil leaks and condition (including flexible hoses) of: Engine, gearbox, final drive, power steering (where fitted), hydraulic clutch (where fitted), cooling system, brake circuit (including pad wear warning light lads).
  • Check for leaks and condition of shock absorbers
  • Anti corrosion check of wheel arches, under body and subframes
  • Check tyre condition, pressure and tread depth
  • Torque tighten wheel bolts (if removed)
  • Replace sump plug washer
  • Replace oil filter
  • Fill engine with oil
  • Check/top up levels of: Front and rear screen washer bottles, power steering fluid, cooling system, brake fluid.
  • Check/top up levels of battery (except for sealed for life battery) and tighten terminals. Check charge level.
  • Check exhaust emissions
  • Check air conditioning drainage holes and condenser (where applicable)
  • Complete servicing booklet record section

Clio Sport 172
forgot to mention the belts, I had the timing and aux belts done at 64000. Its now on 74446, and its on a 02 plate... Trying to do it on a low budget, so I wil prob just do the oil, oil filter and air filter myself, put new front discs, front and rear pads on it about 2 months ago for the MOT so I know the brakes are fine...

Black Gold Trophy
Sounds like youre on the right track mate, just do the above and put a new air filter in too.

These cars are incredibly easy to service, I cant understand why more people dont do the work themselves.